Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hughes's signings.......total loose canons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes's signings.......total loose canons!

1. Cisse sent off twice
    2. Diakite sent off twice
    3. MBia sent off

That's 5 sending offs which could have been so avoided!

We are our own worst enemies!

Why the f**k did MBia have to kick out at the player yesterday when he had won the free kick?????????????????

Does Hughes do any research into how erratic these players are?
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

agree, said on another thread we've had 11 red cards in 47 games in the PL
    can't survive for long when you get a red every 4 games on average
    MH must take some blame for the lack of discipline

Comment

I think Diakite was unlucky against West Ham. Yes both were bookable challenges accoording to the rule book, but it all depends on the ref in charge.

Clattenburg failed to show consistency in that game because about 10 mins after sending off Diakite he failed to give a 2nd yellow to Nolan for a similar foul that he gave Diakite his 1st yellow for.

Also in yesterday's Villa v Norwich game. Herd who was on a yellow dived in and fouled a Norwich player and Phil Dowd did not award a 2nd yellow.

Mbia has no excuse for what he did and neither did Cisse against Sunderland. His sending off by Clattenburg against Wolves was questionable too. Yes he grabbed Johnson by the throat, but I have seen other refs award a yellow for that in other games.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        I think Diakite was unlucky against West Ham. Yes both were bookable challenges accoording to the rule book, but it all depends on the ref in charge.

Clattenburg failed to show consistency in that game because about 10 mins after sending off Diakite he failed to give a 2nd yellow to Nolan for a similar foul that he gave Diakite his 1st yellow for.

Also in yesterday's Villa v Norwich game. Herd who was on a yellow dived in and fouled a Norwich player and Phil Dowd did not award a 2nd yellow.

Mbia has no excuse for what he did and neither did Cisse against Sunderland. His sending off by Clattenburg against Wolves was questionable too. Yes he grabbed Johnson by the throat, but I have seen other refs award a yellow for that in other games.
        Just don't do it in the first place and the ref won't have a decision to make!
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

It all seems bizarre, MH sold himself to us by being more than a coach with a tracksuit. All this talk about highly modern and professional backroom staff, taking swabs blah blah blah..
          I thought his back room team would leave no stone unturned, however we seem to have half our team injured even though none of those injuries appear to be caused by opposition players. Also we lack discipline and our players appear psychologically vulnerable, unable to cope with any pressure. Top flight football is difficult and that's why I don't begrudge the high salaries, but our lot have the collective mental strength of 5 year old girls attending their first ballet class without their parents watching.
          On top of that, his network was suppose to target top quality players.
          It's a very sad state of affairs.

Take that back, 5 year old girls probably handle the pressure better that our lot as they can at least last the whole class without walking off in shame.

Comment

If Hughes fails to condemn the player in public- he almost said Mbia's sending off was harsh because he didn't make contact- then he fails to disincentivise the behaviour. We'd have probably got a point if that mentalist hadn't lost his head. Surely club rules ensure you forfeit your salary for the time spent suspended? Still when Nelsen and Hill do the business we won't miss Mbia. Nelsen and Hill? What am I thinking? As if. Hughes will put Anton F straight into the team (right after Park/ SWP).

Comment

stuff happens with players...look at man city with tevez and balotelli....m'bia will be a good player for us!!

Comment

This sums up everything on this board

You cant blame Hughes for this...

Players are old enough and big enough to know NOT to get sent off or lash out. end off.

Mbia is a fool, Hughes cant stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Players are old enough and big enough to know NOT to get sent off or lash out. end off.

Exactly.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                    1. Cisse sent off twice
                    3. MBia sent off

Why the f**k did MBia have to kick out at the player yesterday when he had won the free kick?????????????????

How much will we miss Mbia against Reading, Stoke & Southampton? Clint Hill, Nedum or Ferdinand to replace him? Hill I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                      1. Cisse sent off twice
                      3. MBia sent off

I am surprised that you aren't blaming Hughes for weather at the Emirates yesterday. Before coming to us I don't believe Cisse had been sent off previously in his career. Also not aware that either Diakite or Mbia has a particularly poor disciplinary record prior to signing.

Dont let the truth get in the way of anything that will spread doom and gloom. Oh by the way are you talking about the same Diakite who you said a couple of weeks ago would never play for us again.

You couln't make it up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

I think that depends on how Hughes chooses to discipline M'bia and also how he chose to discipline Diakite & Cisse in the past. What M'bia did was stupid, totally avoidable and cost us a point without a doubt. He's meant to be a professional and I'm sorry there is no excuse for it.......worse than that this feels like groundhog day from last season.

I really hope that Hughes gives M'bia the rollocking of his life and makes it clear that he cost us a valuable point yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          I think that depends on how Hughes chooses to discipline M'bia and also how he chose to discipline Diakite & Cisse in the past. What M'bia did was stupid, totally avoidable and cost us a point without a doubt. He's meant to be a professional and I'm sorry there is no excuse for it.......worse than that this feels like groundhog day from last season.

I really hope that Hughes gives M'bia the rollocking of his life and makes it clear that he cost us a valuable point yesterday!
                          im not disagreeing..

The point is, Mbia shouldnt be doing this. a 16-20 year old with no experience maybe you expect it now and then. But Mbia is big enough to know he was a tit and cost us the game.

YES, Hughes now plays a part in stopping him. BUT he still cant physically stop Mbia kicking or hitting people. Its trust and common sense.

Comment

I stiill think it is harsh on Diakite.

watching the Liverpool game today, Sterling got booked for a minor challenge hardly worth a booking, but moments later he clearly tripped an Everton player and only received a talking to.

Diakite was not so lucky against West Ham. As I said earlier, it is largely down to the opinion of the ref in charge.

As for Mbia, it was a stupid lick at Vermaalen and Hughes should not be blaming anyone other than Mbia. He should be fining Mbia two or if allowed, 3 weeks pay and tell all the players anyone getting a red card for violent conduct will alo be fined for as long as they are banned.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              I stiill think it is harsh on Diakite.

watching the Liverpool game today, Sterling got booked for a minor challenge hardly worth a booking, but moments later he clearly tripped an Everton player and only received a talking to.

Diakite was not so lucky against West Ham. As I said earlier, it is largely down to the opinion of the ref in charge.

As for Mbia, it was a stupid lick at Vermaalen and Hughes should not be blaming anyone other than Mbia. He should be fining Mbia two or if allowed, 3 weeks pay and tell all the players anyone getting a red card for violent conduct will alo be fined for as long as they are banned.
                              I hear what your saying but sadly Samba needs to learn (surely someone has told him this over and over and is trying to help the guy)

1. His 2nd tackle was so stupid
                              - On the half way line
                              - Already booked
                              - Reckless and late

He needs to calm down and not commit himself every time. I love how he puts in tackles and works so hard. But sometimes, actually ALL the time I am worried he will get booked.

Comment

Working...
                              X