Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hughes 3 more matches to turn it around!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    I think you could be right.

I was watching the game on Football First and it was quite clear that Arsenal were there to be beaten, but Hughes got the team and tactics wrong.

Santos and the rest of the defence were not tested anywhere near enough. Partly because Taarabt and to a lesser extent Hoilett, spent more time in midfield leaving Zamora isolated up front. Had Faurlin played in midfield he would have covered a lot more ground on the left had side and Granero could have done the same on the right leaving Diakite in the centre. this would have meant that the three attackers could have created more than the occasional minor threat to the Arsenal goal.

Alternatively he could have just selected Cisse instead of SWP to give the defence a headache...and take a few shots at goal!
    you dont think, just possibly, that adel and hoilet were playing deep to help out a midfield which was up against one of the best passing sides English football has seen and who are 4th in the table? Reading half these comments anyone wd think we were up against Tranmere Rovers.

Comment

Phuck off hughes you negative barsteward

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Sorry, but I cant see Holloway doing any better, other than putting more pressure on opponents. He has never really managed big time players and my feeling is he would struggle with some of the players at QPR.

The main obstacle with sacking Hughes is probably the lack of decent options, other than perhaps Redknapp. I don't suppose Pep Gardiola is interested!
        Someone mentioned the ex liverpool manger but not sure he would come.Only my opinion but I think we would need a high profile manager to come in if we do change it.

Comment

Just seen the goal and Arteta was so obviously offside.

Comment

A6OdrAECUAEyNEh.jpg
            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              you dont think, just possibly, that adel and hoilet were playing deep to help out a midfield which was up against one of the best passing sides English football has seen and who are 4th in the table? Reading half these comments anyone wd think we were up against Tranmere Rovers.
              No, I think you miss the point I was making. Had Faurlin been selected to play in a 3 man midfield QPR would have had a better chance of winning possession. Faurlin is a midfielder and an acomplished one at that, whereas Taarabt and Hoilett are attacking players being asked to play against their normal way of playing.

Comment

there are not too many interesting names available if MH is sacked. I was thinking about Frank Rijkaard. Don't know where he is now and is he interested,but he's same age than MH and he's a high profile name and surely has a experience to work with big name players

Comment

redknapp ,bond and jordan are a fantastic team. Will keep our lot up

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                    redknapp ,bond and jordan are a fantastic team. Will keep our lot up
                    How about this Cliff Edge chap - is he any good? You must think so, eh matey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                      How about this Cliff Edge chap - is he any good? You must think so, eh matey!!!
                      Hes quality, plays 4 4 F luck ing 2 and thats that , takes no nonsesne

Comment

Guardiola wants his next job to be in the Prem and would prefer a London Club.
                        Not gonna happen in a million years, but would be a good challenge for him.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                          Guardiola wants his next job to be in the Prem and would prefer a London Club.
                          Not gonna happen in a million years, but would be a good challenge for him.
                          Will be the sc*m he goes to. He wants a year out of football, they handed Di Matteo a 1 year contract....think about it!
                          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                            Will be the sc*m he goes to. He wants a year out of football, they handed Di Matteo a 1 year contract....think about it!
                            Dont ruin my dream !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                              spurs after christmas
                              back to w12's thread. makes sense to me to give him the three games we have to get at least 6 points fom nine and to get an away point from the next two would stop the boat rocking any futher.
                              if he fails after the three then its time to say goodbye. two tough away games after is not exactly an ideal time for a new manager to come in but gives him time to save our necks and prepare for a huge month in december. massive decisions that could path our future might be made in the next while.
                              Last edited by bushcelt1; 27-10-2012, 11:32 PM.
                              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

If any of this is true, it would mean the board are already in discussions with managers right now.

My guess is that talks have already started "Guardiola wants his next job to be in the Prem and would prefer a London Club."

Comment

Working...
                                X