Absolutely nothing in the final third

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely nothing in the final third

We are soooooo toothless up front it's embarrassing.

Just got back and looked at BBC stats for the game and we managed 20 shots, just 6 on target and had one lucky, fluked goal to show for it.

Hughes has had 2 transfer windows to bring in goals and failed miserably. We have 3 recognised strikers in the 25 and one of those is out for the rest of the season already!

I seriously think this is gonna be our biggest problem this year - scoring goals.

If Hughes is still here in January he needs to sort it!

the shopping list grows
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Major problem is we play all our football in front of teams we rarely turn them around which makes it easy for them to defend.

I have said this before we need to play Granero 10 to 15 yards higher up the pitch (top of the diamond if we played that way) so instead of the passes going side ways he is slipping in the strikers. If we can get this boy involved higher up the pitch were in business.

Comment

Hark at all the experts sounding off - seriously pmsl
        If you'd said it before how come no one's taken any notice of you - its a mystery!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Major problem is we play all our football in front of teams we rarely turn them around which makes it easy for them to defend.

I have said this before we need to play Granero 10 to 15 yards higher up the pitch (top of the diamond if we played that way) so instead of the passes going side ways he is slipping in the strikers. If we can get this boy involved higher up the pitch were in business.
          Totally agree. No final ball or movement in the final third. We need to get behind teams and down the wings more and put in much, much better balls. All our goals since Spurs- Holliett's today being a case in point- have been individual efforts. We need to be able to score team goals as well.... And we're not doing that.

Comment

Would help if we had another striker taking shots and not just Hoillet

Did have Zamora but aint exactly a striker more a hold up man which we dont need

We had Bothroyd for that and dont need any more of these type of players

Comment

I think we all thought Cisse would be banging them in but he has been shocking

Comment

i think we are a team who creates chances a plenty, dont see going forward as our problem!

Comment

Working...
                X