Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the strangest sale of a player ever

Originally posted by qprted View Post
    I think gary bannister and clive allen were both really strange sales because if you have someone who can put the ball in the net why sell him,ferdinand was a terrible mistake but at least we got very well financially compensated,what do you say lads
    I am amazed when reading some of the topics on the board by the total lack of knowledge of the person posting. If you were a TRUE fan you would know the reason a player left. Gary Bannister was not SOLD but asked to leave for a BIGGER club; the facts were that his wife was constantly in his ear was giving him grief & moaning at him and this drove him to leave. You are therefore also not aware that within six months he contacted QPR to try and get them to but him back as he had made the worst mistake of his life but the club said no.

What Clive Allen transfer were you refering too! Arsenal or Tottenham?

And as for Sir Les it was common knowledge that he wanted to win silverware, the fact that it was not with the club he left us for is just life.

The true reasons players leave we will never know but the combination of money & greed lead to an unhappy player & dressing room.

We should never have sold TERRY MANCINI!!!!!!!

Comment

hence my comments on bob hazell. he was concussed when sold..did he know what was going on?
      "ere bob, just sign this...."
      most leave for the money, bigger clubs etc
      i think the sale of les was to give chairman thompson his £6m he reckoned he put in ( so he could go) .
      the day zesh rehman left was another sad one but hey ho...

Comment

well

well l think gorkks was a strange sale, but paul parker darren peacock and andy sinton did bring in masses of cash which is good if re invested

another player i really loved was johny byrne i was so sad when he left
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

most of these sales weren't odd. they were v disappointing but they were because we were a small club who needed to sell to stay afloat. with the exception of a brief period under El Tel when we bought most of Crystal Palace this has been about the one period when we haven't been a selling club (I don't include the previous ten years or so when we would have happily sold any of our players for a packet of pork scratchings but nobody wanted to buy any of them because they were virtually all pants).

Comment

Wasn't Stan Bowles sold to Clough whilst at Tommy Docherty's hospital bedside? Seem to remember a pic?

Comment

wonder

wonder if we had kept stan would he have become even more popular,dont forget he went on to become voted the greatest ever player for brentford,but i think that roy francis was better than bowles myself

another strange sale could be brian bedford because he was scoring so many goals,the money we got for him was not much

imagine how good our league cup winning team would have been with bedford then when we went to the top division two seasons later we may well have been able to keep our place with bedford goals

More...

Comment

Kenny Sansom was a funny one.Signed him then within a few weeks swapped him for Clive Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by dcqpr View Post
                  Kenny Sansom was a funny one.Signed him then within a few weeks swapped him for Clive Allen.
                  I've just come in from the pub pissed, this has sobered me up:tagger:
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

dcqpr

dcqpr youve lost me here, I THINK YOPUVE GOT CONFUSED SOMEWHERE

More...

Comment

Think Clive Allen signed for Arsenal and within a month, without starting a league game, Arsenal swapped him for Crystal Palace's Sansom. Something like that? We later signed Sansom and he scored against Arsenal. Oh, and we signed Allen back before selling him to... Oh, I'm boring myself.

Comment

yes

yes russ my memory seems to agree with what you have described,thanks for clearing that up

More...

Comment

Darren Peacock - dunno how we got 2.75 mil for him, absolute robbery - good job Keegan knows nothing about defending

Comment

WELL

Well brian I thought peacock was brilliant I would like to have him now,but its all about opinion

More...

Comment

Blackstock was by far...

Purely because we had rich owners etc
                              He was our main striker
                              He was scoring
                              He was a fans fav

Camp was also included in this and NW even said I have no idea why he was sold prior to me joining QPR but he would still be here if I was in charge

Comment

Working...
                              X