Rodney Marsh likes Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodney Marsh likes Mackie

He seems to like Mackie, what do all the haters think of that one?

always been a fan of Mackie...

1. Im a sucker for a work horse
    2. Im a sucker for passion
    3. Im a sucker for people who also love the Hoops

Mackie ticks those boxes for me, yeah he isnt the most skilful of players (SOMETIMES, he has proven to be skilful at both league and Premier football) The fact is, he is a good player. When given a run of games he does well, he is a better option to SWP but thats just IMO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      He seems to like Mackie, what do all the haters think of that one?

WHAT HAVE YOU STARTED NOW ....................

PS I'm pro Mackie
      "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
      For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

The thing with Mackie is that he can get those goals when needed, I think he would be better used as a sub rather than starting.

Comment

Nice one Rodney. I like Mackie too!
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
            always been a fan of Mackie...

1. Im a sucker for a work horse
            2. Im a sucker for passion
            3. Im a sucker for people who also love the Hoops

Mackie ticks those boxes for me, yeah he isnt the most skilful of players (SOMETIMES, he has proven to be skilful at both league and Premier football) The fact is, he is a good player. When given a run of games he does well, he is a better option to SWP but thats just IMO!!!
            Agree with all of that ............

Comment

yes

yes im a mackie fan too,hes got heart and he scored seven goals last season so hes a handy player to have around
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Impact sub but a bloody good one at that !! Wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting 11 though no matter how much I like him. Definatly has a role to play amongst the current crop of " superstars " though

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                  Impact sub but a bloody good one at that !! Wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting 11 though no matter how much I like him. Definatly has a role to play amongst the current crop of " superstars " though
                  I think he is effective (to start a game or two) against teams closer to the bottom

Comment

I like Mackie but is he good enough for the Premier League?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                      I think he is effective (to start a game or two) against teams closer to the bottom
                      Yeah I would go along with that.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        Rodney Marsh likes Mackie
                        In the interview Rodney was referring to the Mackie of last season. Sounds like he hasn't seen much of him this season where IMO he's been found out at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          In the interview Rodney was referring to the Mackie of last season. Sounds like he hasn't seen much of him this season where IMO he's been found out at this level.
                          Nail on head . I love mackies attitude and what he's done in the past but I'm really sorry to say he's not the standard required to be starting in the premier league . No probs with him being a sub whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                            Agree.

He is never going to be the most cultured player and for me when he starts he gets lost in games as oppos players generally in the prem have him more than contained. However, as an impact sub he is far more effective with bundles of pace, enercy and endeavour against tiring defenders that he won't give a minutes peace. They sometimes struggle against that and make mistakes which he can capitalise on.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                              Not much difference in his game from last year is there Stanley?.....I remember posters saying the same criticisms last year as this year, not looking up , running into deadends etc.......I actually think he's got more to his game this year, keeping the ball and cutting back inside instead of going for the byline

Comment

Working...
                              X