Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your 'best and 'worst' ever moments as a qpr fan..................discuss!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your 'best and 'worst' ever moments as a qpr fan..................discuss!!!

the best!!!for me those few days after beating leeds 2-0 in 1976.....for a few days little queens park rangers fc were champions of the whole of england.......................the worse.....losing at cardiff in the play off final and the gloating anti english welsh coming outside!!.......im ashamed to say i bejesued one mouthy one with his bird on the way back to my car!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

The Leeds game was the best... and the worst came three months later and the 4-0 home defeat to Everton on the opening day when Latchford got all four. Everyone had such high hopes...

Comment

1967 final takes some beating, losing to coventry in that relegation cruncher 1996 and the years of utter despair after
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

For me I'd have to go with furs goal against Oldham just for the sheer relief and emotion, the buzz around the ground walking back to the car and the sight of the big fella falling to his knees with his head in his hands underlined just what a bloody fantastic club we all support . Magic night and one o the only times I've been in the upper loft genuinely fearing it was going to fall over

On the flip Side I'd say Wimbledon away one of Francis last games in charge lost 5 nil and crouchey was playing . We were utterly shambolic wearing some horrendous bright yellow strip and I was in the car home with two wombals who said we were the worst side they'd ever seen . Bad times

Comment

A fair few top top stand out moments for me:

Furlong goal vs Oldham.
          Bircham winner away at Brentford.
          Promotion at Hillsborough.
          Miller goal vs Leicester
          Announcement before Leeds game of no points deduction.
          Beating Chelski 1-0 last year.
          Getting a glimpse of a bit of side boob of Paddy Kenny's Mrs at one game when she had a loose top on.
          Mackie winner vs Lpool (although I wasnt at that game so cant relate to as those that were!).
          Cisse goal vs Stoke.
          Mackies goal vs Citeh - nearly $hit myself I was cheering that much.

Worst I can remember:

Losing to Vauxhall motors at home - one of the most embarassed Ive ever been as an R.
          Seeing George Santos being put up front by Holloway with 10mins to go when we're 1-0 down at home. For the 5th time in 6 games.
          Going up to Leeds with 2 me old man & bro plus 2 Leeds supporting pals in a banged up old Cavalier ad losing 6-1 after going 1-0 up. A 54-year-old Brian Deane scored hatrick ffs.
          Both 6 goals let in vs Foolham & Chelski last year. Yes, weve had worse times as it was a PL game, but they were farking hard to take they really were.
          Dropping my pie at Rushden & Diamonds away. Was farking starving n all. Was Steak & Kidney, my favourite.
          Missed a goal at Wycombe away years back as I had followed through tryna "out fart" my pal (we were 13 at the time and found it hilarious). I had no spare pants with me so left the newly browned ones in the bin by the bogs.
          Play off final losing to the taffs was heart breaking.

Sure there's plenty more bad times but thats just off the top of me head.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

matty.............you need help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
              matty.............you need help!!!
              Telling me you wouldnt have enjoyed abit of Paddys Mrs side boob?!

Pretty sure I saw Ted fishing out the pants and having a whiff of em after that game. Just remember hearing him whail out "you lying ba$tard Trev, that weren't chocolate spread".
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Furlong goal vs Oldham.
                Miller goal vs Leicester
                Getting a glimpse of a bit of side boob of Paddy Kenny's Mrs at one game when she had a loose top on.
                Mackie winner vs Lpool (although I wasnt at that game so cant relate to as those that were!).
                Cisse goal vs Stoke.

Worst I can remember:

Losing to Vauxhall motors at home - one of the most embarassed Ive ever been as an R.
                Seeing George Santos being put up front by Holloway with 10mins to go when we're 1-0 down at home. For the 5th time in 6 games.
                Going up to Leeds with 2 me old man & bro plus 2 Leeds supporting pals in a banged up old Cavalier ad losing 6-1 after going 1-0 up. A 54-year-old Brian Deane scored hatrick ffs.
                Both 6 goals let in vs Foolham & Chelski last year. Yes, weve had worse times as it was a PL game, but they were farking hard to take they really were.
                Dropping my pie at Rushden & Diamonds away. Was farking starving n all. Was Steak & Kidney, my favourite.
                Missed a goal at Wycombe away years back as I had followed through tryna "out fart" my pal (we were 13 at the time and found it hilarious). I had no spare pants with me so left the newly browned ones in the bin by the bogs.

Last edited by QPRDave; 18-10-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Telling me you wouldnt have enjoyed abit of Paddys Mrs side boob?!

Pretty sure I saw Ted fishing out the pants and having a whiff of em after that game. Just remember hearing is whail out "you lying ba$tard Trev, that werent chocolate spread".

agreed.....but dropped pies and following through at wycombe's just not cricket old boy!!!

Comment

Furlong goal vs Oldham.
                    Miller goal vs Leicester
                    Cisse goal vs Stoke.

Worst I can remember:

hahaha farking hilarious matty!

Comment

Bad times surely the Milk Cup Final against Oxford one of the worst results ever

Comment

Originally posted by Stevesuperhoops View Post
                        Bad times surely the Milk Cup Final against Oxford one of the worst results ever
                        yep a fl@cking nightmare ...........

One of the best promotion at hillsborough.....

Comment

Oh dear, where should one start, really.
                          Last edited by Shania; 18-10-2012, 07:16 PM.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Cardiff play off final worst!!!! Sheff Wed away 7000 Rangers fans Buzzing!!!!!

Comment

Relief that Faurlin's case was clear and we were promoted. Winner at Hillsborough and Furlong vs Oldham. Win at Watford the season we went up was good as well, Rangers fans everywhere lol

Worst? Well there are loads. Vauxhall motors, losing 5-1 at Southend & this run we're on now are a few.

Comment

Working...
                              X