Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barton in the Sunday Times mouthing off about the club...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton in the Sunday Times mouthing off about the club...

He says: "Part of me thinks, 'Is it self-sabotage? Am I acting the villain because people think I'm a villain?" He makes no excuses. But there were circumstances. He'd promised the Rangers owners: "You won't go down if you sign me." Trolls were tweeting about relegation. QPR's fans "didn't particularly like me", and he was locked in a poisonous relationship with his manager, Mark Hughes.

He says, "Tevez punched me. It was the spark that lit the bonfire. But the bonfire was already piled up and soaked in petrol. I was having a lot of problems. I'd started drinking again, which few people know, backsliding after a couple of years on the wagon. I was really struggling. Personally and professionally all was not what it seemed.

[...]

He can't imagine rejoining QPR. "The analogy is, I pulled the baseball bat out through my own stupidity. The FA took it and beat me. I thought QPR would, rightly, chastise me but they picked the bat off the ground and continued the beating. I was no longer the marquee signing. I was a commodity whose stock had dwindled. You get a gut feeling for things. I walked into QPR and straightaway thought, 'this isn't right'. I'd left a club I loved, Newcastle, and I knew I'd come for money and think I was always uneasy from that moment on. I'd sold out a bit.

"On my first captain's list was 'six plugs' because the players- at a Premier League club - were plugging up the baths with tissue paper. Tinpot stuff. They were paying people massive money but not spending on the basics."

He goes on in this vein but later asks for a lacerating torrent about Hughes to be off the record. Progress for Joey.

Barton = Plank,####,Melt

Delete as appropiate

Comment

He admits he done wrong but yet again tries to turn it around that he was the victim out of it all.
      He is a c * nt simple as that, full of his own self importance.
      We are the mugs though paying him stupid money

Comment

As usual he ain't done himself any favours. Any one know how he's getting on at Marseille?
        Barton is Innocent ok....

Comment

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...?m=v&t=65401#9

Full article here btw

Comment

Same sort of self-important tripe that he spouted on his way out of the toon. Bellend of the highest order.
            Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

barton is a waste of space!!

Comment

What a twunt, he may have loved Newcastle, but Newcastle certainly didn't love him! We gave him the chance to resurrect his career, he messes up himself, then mouths off continually about us? No respect at all.

Comment

Would love to know how all the people Brown nosing him on twitter, telling him how much we miss him etc feel about him now?
                  Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Let's hope Marseille want to take him permanent.......I doubt it!!!
                    I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Nice to see Barton is still talking a good game......

Comment

it will be a problem at Marseille next. Shame to hear about him falling off the wagon , the lad was doing well. Anyway hes yesterdays news.

Comment

Note to self: Buy bag of plugs to throw at Joey Barton.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
                            Note to self: Buy bag of butt plugs to throw at Joey Barton.
                            Can have mine if you want to save yourself a few quid mate? I need to invest in some bigger ones anyway Ive taken to tying string to my current batch to ensure they dont get "swallowed". Give us a PM for more info on sizes, colours etc to see if theyre suitable for your planned attack.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                            X