I am sick to death of cluelesss fans slating Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sick to death of cluelesss fans slating Park

If you seriously think the guy is a poor player you will be made to eat your words

First few games of the season he was our best player and from what I've seen so far has looked our best ball winner through the middle of the park

You don't play at the very highest level consistently through your career and suddenly become a poor player overnight. He is 31 so he's not passed it What a ridiculous comment to make from so many supporters.

So what is the problem?

He's a right-sided midfielder being played on the left to accommodate other players. He's Captaining an unsettled team without a consistent starting at 11 where The formation seems to change on a weekly basis.

Write him off at your peril because as the season progresses and our backs will be up against the wall he's exactly the sort of player you will want in the trenches with you.

He is playing poor at the moment as is most of the team, a few matches do not make a season... Wise up !
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 07-10-2012, 08:55 AM.

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
    If you seriously think the guy is a poor player you will be made to eat your words

First few games of the season he was our best player and from what I've seen so far has looked our best ball winner through the middle of the park

You don't play at the very highest level consistently through your career and suddenly become a poor player overnight. He is 31 so he's not passed it What a ridiculous comment to make from so many supporters.

So what is the problem?

He's a right-sided midfielder being played on the left to accommodate other players. He's Captaining an unsettled team without a consistent starting at 11 where The formation seems to change on a weekly basis.

Write him off at your peril because as the season progresses and our backs will be up against the wall he's exactly the sort of player you will want in the trenches with you.

He is playing poor at the moment as is most of the team, a few matches do not make a season... Wise up !

Should not accommodate him just because he's a name , not saying he's a bad player at all but he's out of form and is never a captain/leader in a million years . It's not his fault he was named captain but he should be man enough to go to sparky and tell him he's not up to it that way he can concentrate on his football and let someone else lead the team

Comment

[QUOTE=Greg1882;947391]

You don't play at the very highest level consistently through your career and suddenly become a poor player overnight. He is 31 so he's not passed it What a ridiculous comments to make from so many supporters.

So what is the problem?

He is playing poor at the moment as is most of the 10 a few matches do not make a season... Wise up ![/QUOTE/]

Should not accommodate him just because he's a name , not saying he's a bad player at all but he's out of form and is never a captain/leader in a million years . It's not his fault he was named captain but he should be man enough to go to sparky and tell him he's not up to it that way he can concentrate on his football and let someone else lead the team
      He is being played out of position, he's not the one being accommodated its the likes of Mackie and SWP and even Faurlin who are....**** me doesn't anyone realise this!

His versatility as a midfielder is his undoing IMO, play him week in week out in his correct position in a settled team...he has had different players behind him and in front him on a weekly basis.

Fans need to open their eyes and stop looking for a scape goat.

Comment

I think the problem is he's got the responsibility of being captain when he's clearly not , park takes the back seat doing the donkey work but he's not the one to lead the team . Not saying I think he's a bad player but if pushed I'd have a midfield of hoillet , granero, faurlin, diakite and tarrabt hoillet and tarbs could swap over and support the striker when needed leaving the other three as the engine room . Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
          I think the problem is he's got the responsibility of being captain when he's clearly not , park takes the back seat doing the donkey work but he's not the one to lead the team . Not saying I think he's a bad player but if pushed I'd have a midfield of hoillet , granero, faurlin, diakite and tarrabt hoillet and tarbs could swap over and support the striker when needed leaving the other three as the engine room . Just my opinion
          You'd have a liability like Diakite over a top professional like Park....who exactly would protect the back four in your midfield then?

Comment

You'd have a liability like Diakite over a top professional like Park....who exactly would protect the back four in your midfield then?
            This is the same liability that everyone was raving about last season right ? Well I'd have samba sitting in front of the back 4 or even throw mbia in there seeing as it is his natural position . Just think we need a destroyer in there with physical presence like west ham do with diame . Like I said its just my opinion and everyone is entitled to one of them . I'm probably wrong but neither of us are football managers as much as we'd like to be

Comment

This is the same liability that everyone was raving about last season right ? Well I'd have samba sitting in front of the back 4 or even throw mbia in there seeing as it is his natural position . Just think we need a destroyer in there with physical presence like west ham do with diame . Like I said its just my opinion and everyone is entitled to one of them . I'm probably wrong but neither of us are football managers as much as we'd like to be
              The way we are playing at present we cannot afford to have Diakite near the starting 11. Doesn't matter what people said last season that's in the past, we are bottom of the league and at risk of being cut adrift.

Question who is the best tackler in our midfield?

Comment

So what is the problem?

What is your view of his performance yesterday?
                First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

I see what your saying and I don't know the answers mate . I bet if you asked ten fans they'd all have something different to say. I think once diakite settles down in a regular starting place after his moment of madness ( just like after his moment of madness last year ) he could be the difference adding a bit of bite to the midfield . As much as it pains me to say I think we're really missing joey at the moment And maybe underestimated how much he did without much credit last season ?

Comment

I see what your saying and I don't know the answers mate . I bet if you asked ten fans they'd all have something different to say. I think once diakite settles down in a regular starting place after his moment of madness ( just like after his moment of madness last year ) he could be the difference adding a bit of bite to the midfield . As much as it pains me to say I think we're really missing joey at the moment And maybe underestimated how much he did without much credit last season ?
                    Agreed I think we are missing Barton and I'd recall him given the chance.

Fans want to squeeze square pegs in round holes with the midfield and by the looks off it so does the manager.

My midfield given the chance would be

Park-Barton-Graneo-Taarabt

with what we have and you want to protect the back four

-------------Park------------

Hoilett--Faurlin--Graneo--Taarabt

We are simply letting the opposition in between the space between the midfield and defence far to easily

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                    What is your view of his performance yesterday?
                    Only watched the second half super fan so no real opinion

Comment

Only watched the second half super fan so no real opinion[/QUOTE]

No need to get tetchy. I only asked your opinion of what you thought his performance was like?

Well he was as awful in the first half.
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

I'd be happy with giving park a go sitting on front of the back four as you suggest because I think hoillet had to be in there somewhere for what he offers us going forward . I'd just be happier with diakite or even mbia sitting there as they have more pace and power and are physically more imposing

Comment

I'd be happy with giving park a go sitting on front of the back four as you suggest because I think hoillet had to be in there somewhere for what he offers us going forward . I'd just be happier with diakite or even mbia sitting there as they have more pace and power and are physically more imposing
                          I actually though Hoilett playing off Zamora looked our biggest attacking threat all season but then Hughes changed the team second half against Reading following the Spurs game

Comment

I actually though Hoilett playing off Zamora looked our biggest attacking threat all season but then Hughes changed the team second half against Reading following the Spurs game
                            Yeah that's definatly a good option , just think our midfield as good technically as it is can be a bit lightweight and are bullied easily . We need a beast in there to mix it up and get nasty

Comment

Hoilett was brilliant against Spurs and somehow gets dropped for the next league game! SWP can be rubbish, but always keeps his place! No surprise we won all those games towards the end of the season when he was not in the side!

Comment

Working...
                              X