is your mrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is your mrs

Supportive of your love of QPR ,OR does she hate the football like mine.at this precise time she's half a kip with her drunken head hanging over a half eaten shish kebab..should I put it on her or push her head in it ?
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

The temptation just to give her a little nudge into the kebab must be all-consuming......

Mine hates football with a passion.

She's come to accept sharing my affections with QPR though. I loved them first tbf. She also knows that if Les Ferdinand ever proposed, she'd have to step aside, but that's surely true of all our wives and girlfriends? Universal truths and all that.

Got her to learn to love photography, gadgets, and she's even enjoyed a lot of the TV shows I watch, despite initial resistance.

Hell she even understands and loves cricket now, and I couldn't believe she stayed up to watch the Ryder Cup last weekend

But football is just not for her. Fair enough.

Comment

my mrs hates when i spend too much time on football and nothing else. apart from that she does not could not care to be honest, like some one says she knows i loved qpr when she meet me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
        The temptation just to give her a little nudge into the kebab must be all-consuming......

Mine hates football with a passion.

She's come to accept sharing my affections with QPR though. I loved them first tbf. She also knows that if Les Ferdinand ever proposed, she'd have to step aside, but that's surely true of all our wives and girlfriends? Universal truths and all that.

Got her to learn to love photography, gadgets, and she's even enjoyed a lot of the TV shows I watch, despite initial resistance.

Hell she even understands and loves cricket now, and I couldn't believe she stayed up to watch the Ryder Cup last weekend

But football is just not for her. Fair enough.
        Top post and even my Missus got excited at the Ryder Cup last week.. Well, when I say she got excited she looked up from her Apple Mac a few times whilst I was leaping around the lounge and paid more than a passing interest...

However, football is a different matter...she manages to feign sympathy when we lose or fall way short of expectations (which is far too often these days) but other than that she seems determined that our nearly 6yr old son will not have any interest in QPR.... Having been with me for quite a few years she has only known me through the desperate years so when Warnock got us promoted she did indulge me in respect of letting me make the most of it and 'allowed' me to go to about 20 odd games that season but other than that she hates football or is at least very indifferent to my passion....:( bit long winded I know but there you have it....
        Last edited by ahR; 06-10-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

My mrs can't stand football, after a 2 hr drive back to bournemouth after rangers have lost is her asking me how they get on....lost again, I reply...There **** she says, I know I reply trying not to explode. Oh and how she loves Sunday mornings when me, my son and my stepson go off to local Sunday league football...same questions when we get back, same answers we reply, except we win a few more than rangers at the mo..

Comment

.... A pain in the ar53.

Yes she is!

Oh, that wasn't the question. Mine ha a ST with me before we had kids so was into it then, but she's not really bothered tbh. She will never relate to the joy, anger, frustration, despair etc we all go through every week!

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
              Supportive of your love of QPR ,OR does she hate the football like mine.at this precise time she's half a kip with her drunken head hanging over a half eaten shish kebab..should I put it on her or push her head in it ?
              My mrs hates football but realises I realy have one love along with my sons and it aint her! she knows my heart is in Loftus Rd

as the old joke says! she said "you love Rangers more than you love me?" I said "WHAT! I love Chelsea more than I love you"
              Not really I love her dearly, she knows the Rs come first a lot like me?

Comment

I'm quite lucky in that department mine absolutely loves going problem being she always wants to tag along but I just tell her the games I do that are boys days only are not suitable for her and she buys it every time win win just hope she doesn't read this

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                  I'm quite lucky in that department mine absolutely loves going problem being she always wants to tag along but I just tell her the games I do that are boys days only are not suitable for her and she buys it every time win win just hope she doesn't read this
                  You got yourself a keeper there pal! Well, so long as she knocks you up a dinner every evening also?!
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

seems that we all suffer from the same issue,wifes dont really have anything against rangers but it is more our passion and the time which we devote to our beloved team that causes the resentment.

Comment

My mrs hated chocolate, steak, football and cowgirl when I first met her. Only football to crack now.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                        vans you have some morals old bean...id be slipping a sly one up the tradesmens with her that comotose!
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I have a goodun, never a problem if we're on tele & she came to her first game this year. She even enjoys the the "da da da da Hoops" bless her.

Pig ugly though.

Comment

Originally posted by Webb1977 View Post
                            I have a goodun, never a problem if we're on tele & she came to her first game this year. She even enjoys the the "da da da da Hoops" bless her.

Pig ugly though.
                            Brilliant!
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

My mrs never liked my love for QPR but as we have got older, she tolerates it more. Same way as i tolerate her one woman campaign of revitalising the British High streets flagging economy. With many of her mates husbands having affairs, constantly on business, little time for the kids etc,she's now realising hubby going down to LR isnt such a big deal considering the only thing I spend on myself of any note is the st.

Had a mate years ago who was going out with a bird, admittedly he loved the sauce and one day in the pub she started having a go at him about his drinking and told him to choose. He pointed at his pint and said "I've known this a lot longer than I've known you"

Admittedly he was immediately dumped but there is some wisdom in his response somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X