Why was no one angry with Diakite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was no one angry with Diakite?

Ok, he probably cost us the game on Monday with his recklessness. I expected him to get burnt on this forum, but he didn't. I am curious as to why? I wasn't pissed off at him because he was just giving it his all, and it is kind of hard to get pissed off at someone for that, but this forum can be quite unforgiving, and I was very surprised I read not one comment having a moan at him.

How about the " don't blame Hughes, blame Diakite" thread then?
    Barton is Innocent ok....

Comment

My sentiments as well!! After all he gave us his all. That´s more than you can say about some of his team-mates on the night.
      The manager has to stand corrected for his obvious wrongdoings on the occasion also.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Agree....

We were so bad first half people could see deeper issues....

And maybe it was good to see him back, see what we've been missing (for 10mins)

Comment

How long is he out for??
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            How long is he out for??

1 game.

Comment

He's a nutjob so we've become used to his red cards now

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger View Post
                He's a nutjob so we've become used to his red cards now
                Thought he was very unlucky to be booked on monday night with what was his first challenge.

Comment

How can you get upset with him, when most of players looked like they didn't give a monkeys on the night.

At least he had some fight in him, god i miss Joey.

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                    1 game.
                    Thanks. Will be good to have him back.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Both yellows were deserved in todays game and he has to learn its a simple as that. We cannot have him lunging in at every tackle. I have been very dissapointed with him this season. I know he has had personal problems but i do hope to see him start to put in some top performances for the club. I think he owes us

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                        Thought he was very unlucky to be booked on monday night with what was his first challenge.
                        True and the ref didn't book Nolan for what was deemed a similar foul on Hoilett - and he too would have had to be sent off. Diakite needs to learn to stay on his feet. Too many players think they need to slide in for a lot of challenges rather than just stay standing. Slide challenges should be saved for last ditch tackles.

Comment

Originally posted by mat72 View Post
                          How about the " don't blame Hughes, blame Diakite" thread then?

Comment

I did say on 1 or 2 other threads that Samba's stupidity probably cost us, as I think we would have equalised with 11 men. Along with Adel, they were starting to penetrate the West Ham defence, which had been redundant for best part of an hour.
                            How anyone can say either yellow card was unjust is beyond me. They were both stone wall yellows. On the first one, he cynically pulled the man back, making no attempt to play the ball and the second one was an impetuous lunge, which is a yellow all day long if you don't get the ball.
                            The second was very similar to the tackles he made on his debut, when he also had an early bath.
                            He has good abilty but needs to harness it in a constructive way to the benefit of the team. No need to dive in all the time
                            Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                            Ok, he probably cost us the game on Monday with his recklessness. I expected him to get burnt on this forum, but he didn't. I am curious as to why? I wasn't pissed off at him because he was just giving it his all, and it is kind of hard to get pissed off at someone for that, but this forum can be quite unforgiving, and I was very surprised I read not one comment having a moan at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
                              Quality...
                              Barton is Innocent ok....

Comment

Working...
                              X