For me our weakness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me our weakness...

is not simply the lack of one really good goal scorer but any real competition if we did by some miracle sign one. Was watching the Spurs match on Sunday and they brought off Defore and someone else I think then brought on Pavelechenko and Crouch. OK, before I'm shot down in flames of course I realise we can't sign players of that quality. But Spurs have the kind of aspirations for the Premiership that we have for the Championship and they recognise that you need quality and competition. Even if we were to sign, say, Nugent or whoever the latest striker linked to us is and say its not happening for us in the 80th minute - who wd we bring on to turn the game? Helguson? Agyman? Percolator (who admittedly might prove better for us than his goal record suggests)?
    So after selling our best striker in the close season when we were already at least one quality striker down it was clearly a failure to sign not one striker but two.

funny enough i have got bored of wanting a striker....more worried now with him tinkering with the defence.......

Comment

So, not only are we unhappy and having a moan that we haven't signed a striker, we'll still be unhappy and have a moan when we do sign one.

I'm beginning to see a familiar pattern of behaviour emerging. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerslie View Post
        So, not only are we unhappy and having a moan that we haven't signed a striker, we'll still be unhappy and have a moan when we do sign one.

who is moaning?

Comment

Apologies - promise that will be my last moan on the striker front. There is no point anyway. Onwards and upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerslie View Post

we would stop moaning if a decent striker was brought in.If some half arshed loan kid is brought in on loan,well the moaning will continue

Comment

We'll moan about anything, we start scoring and winning it won't be enough, we would moan that we weren't doing it in style, the moaning would continue, cause we are QPR, say we are QPR.
              Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------
              https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

I can see ur point n it is valid. Go back to when we had gallen, furlong, thorpe n cureton. They were all different n gave us striker options from the bench. That was obviously at lower level but they cud all score. However any decent striker wud make me well happy!!!

Anyone who plays football manager knows u need 3/4 gd striking options.

We havnt had a decent look at pellicori, he cud be the main man!!
                CHAMPIONS
                Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

Working...
                X