One thing I am worried about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I am worried about...

Lack of goals. Zamora is the only player to score for us in the league so far, and has only scored 3. Performance-wise we have been magnificent the last 2 or 3 games against very tough opposition. But at the end of the day, good performances go to waste if you have nothing to show for it. It's such a shame because our last 2 performances have deserved a lot better. I'm not worried about relegation in the slightest but I'm struggling to see where our next win will come from unless we see a marked improvement up front and start converting chances into goals.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

We're creating chances and players are getting into scoring positions, the goals will come I have no doubt. I'll worry more when we can't create chances!

Comment

got to now play cisse and zamora up top. we can accomodate cisse's laziness against weaker oppo.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

@Ginger Ninja i'm also concerned about the lack of goals. I think Hughes has got to go with two strikers against West Ham. It's understandable going with 1 when we're playing away, but I believe our side is good enough to beat just about anyone at home. Strikers jobs are obviously to score goals, but the likes of Granero, Hoilett and Taarabt are going to have to get their shooting boots on too

Comment

We had two strikers on earlier today so I'm sure we'll be playing 4-4-2 against West Ham too.

Comment

can't create enough or fast enough with Hoilett and Taarabt hogging whenever possible

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
              got to now play cisse and zamora up top. we can accomodate cisse's laziness against weaker oppo.
              Absolutely this the issue with playing cisse is his laziness playing someone like hoilett or Johnson provides you more cover against the big teams than what cisse does. I will be very surprised if cisse doesn't start against west ham.

Comment

Positives:
                * We are playing with confidence.
                * We are creating opportunities
                * We are much better than last season
                * We are improving each game
                * Our Discipline is better than last season
                * Despite injuries, we have covers
                * Mark Hughes isn't world class but better than Neil Warnock in terms of Premier League experience and signings.

Negatives:
                * Need to retain a good performance in both halves.
                * Cisse looks out-of form
                * Our goal scoring average is poor since last season

However, I have every confidence that results will come so don't panic
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

we took 4 points from 48 last year against mediocre teams. Playing the way we have for the last few games is definitely going to produce goals, wins and points.
                  If we were playing badly, I'd be much more concerned. We're playing well, it's only time.
                  You also sometmes need a bit of luck along the way. Spurs got lucky, everyone knows it.

Comment

Would love to see midfield pull the trigger abit more around the edge of the box. Not necessarily a bad thing theyre always looking to keep the ball, but at times I'd just love to see a shot from Granero or Ale to test the keeper.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

agree, can't score if you don't shoot. That said, it's great to see our players comfortable on the ball, looking for the ball and trying to keep it. Dd you konw we had 57% possession yesterday? We are now outpassing some of the so called better teams
                      Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Would love to see midfield pull the trigger abit more around the edge of the box. Not necessarily a bad thing theyre always looking to keep the ball, but at times I'd just love to see a shot from Granero or Ale to test the keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                        agree, can't score if you don't shoot. That said, it's great to see our players comfortable on the ball, looking for the ball and trying to keep it. Dd you konw we had 57% possession yesterday? We are now outpassing some of the so called better teams
                        Yea we looked very comfortable on theball, Granero & Ale love picking up play from the defence and we dont seem to be "forcing it" which is good to see, we will happily go back and even get Cesar invovled in the game which is good to see, retaining possession.

I see a stat also that we made 120 more passes than Spurs which is pretty encouraging. I just hope we can put in such a performance in the home game vs Wet Spam next week.

Comment

couple of posters being a bit harsh on adel's failure to score which somewhat overlooks the failure to play him (injured yesterday i know rather than dropped). i hope he - along with cisse - will be given a full 90 minutes against reading and see if that gives them full match sharpness.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            couple of posters being a bit harsh on adel's failure to score which somewhat overlooks the failure to play him (injured yesterday i know rather than dropped). i hope he - along with cisse - will be given a full 90 minutes against reading and see if that gives them full match sharpness.
                            This. Both with a point to proove (providing Adels fit of course), could wreak havoc on Reading.

Comment

If your looking for goals from Midfeild your need to start with Adel, as neither Faurlin or Granreo are great strikers of the ball shooting wise. Their strenght is keeping the ball, set pieces deliveries (which we look 1000000 better than Adels) and looking for the killer pass.

The only change i would make is swap SWP for Cisse have Adel on the bench and if Holliet is doing the stuff swap them.
                              One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Working...
                              X