Let's not get carried away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's not get carried away

I'm definitely not a gloom merchant who starts calling for the manager to be sacked after we lose 5-0 at home to a team like Swansea, but at the same time, I don't like to get carried away.

We lost 3-1 at City, who have been in mediocre form this season.
    We drew 0-0 with Chelsea, who let's face it, might be top, but aren't playing great football by any stretch of the imagination and are yet to play a good side, when they will be found out.
    And we lost to a rubbish Spurs side, who couldn't even beat WBA or Norwich at home. I am sick and tired of hearing that we had injuries, with a squad our size, we can't use that excuse, we put out a very strong side today, plus, Spurs played on Thursday so only had a few days to recover whereas we had a whole week.

Yes, we played good today, I was pleased with the performance, but let's stop deluding ourselves that losing 2-1 to a rubbish Spurs side or drawing 0-0 with a mediocre Chelsea side are great results. The bottom line is, we have to start getting points on the board soon.

Carried away? I, personally, am pi$$ed off we threw away a lead. All of this "but it was against Spurs" malarkey makes us sound like we're only hear to make up the numbers. We were 1-0 up, cruising, and blew it. Hard to take tbh.

Positive performance though I hope we can play that well against Wet Spam as it would almost certainly give us 3 pts.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

amen to that..........tis a results business.rather play rubbish n win....plenty of better sides than us have gone down playing well!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Tactical genius.

Nobody is happy we are losing. Nobody thinks they are great results.

The optimists are taking the vastly improved performances in games we had very low expectations of, even before the nightmare first game.

We've improved and shown more cohesion and promise in each game. That's what's providing the hope and expectation that we'll be OK.

As for needing to start getting points, as a wise man once said; "Well, duh...."

Comment

west ham for me now is our season opener.............no excuses.....no where to hide.......they are there for the taking!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
            west ham for me now is our season opener.............no excuses.....no where to hide.......they are there for the taking!
            You guna be at the game Facto pal?

Comment

I don't think we'll beat the Hammers, they are very durable and just keep plugging away.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                You guna be at the game Facto pal?
                yeah matts.....gonna be with some iron pals and hopefully we should spank em.....take care of nolan and thats them finished!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                  yeah matts.....gonna be with some iron pals and hopefully we should spank em.....take care of nolan and thats them finished!
                  Blimey that suprises me mate, I had you down as abit of a homophobe tbh. Fair play to ya. Just dont do your shoe laces up in front of em will ya ....

Comment

Working...
                  X