What's the panic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the panic?

I'm a born pessimist,but even I'm fairly encouraged by our recent perfomances.At the start of the season,looking at our first five fixtures,it wouldn't have surprised me if we lost all five on the trot.I'm also the first to question Hughes's recent team selection excluding the unforseen injuries and absentees.However there's a lot to be encouraged by.You also have to bear in mind that Liverpool have an almost identical record to ours (no wins,two draws and three defeats and just two goals better in the goal difference).In fact two of their losses have been at home.I bet their not thinking of relegation.Nor should we.

Agreed geejaybee... We will be ok
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

why did u expect us to lose at home to the swans

Comment

Good post and agree - in fact no one in the bottom three now, whoever they are, should be thinking in terms of relegation - its only end of sept and 5 games played.

Comment

Mid table I still think...
          Barton is Innocent ok....

Comment

All well and good playing well, but we need points.Conceding 2 goals in 60 seconds ain't gonna do the confidence any good thats for sure. Don't want a season of saying we played well if we finish 18th or below

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              why did u expect us to lose at home to the swans
              I just felt that with virtually half a new team yet to gel,and the fact that the Swans hadn't won at our place for something like 70 years(maybe more),it was sod's law that we would lose.I predicted 0-1 to them on the day,but didn't know I'd be 4 goals short of the actual score.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                All well and good playing well, but we need points.Conceding 2 goals in 60 seconds ain't gonna do the confidence any good thats for sure. Don't want a season of saying we played well if we finish 18th or below
                Exactly Dave. Still abit pi$$ed off about today throwing that away like we did, even if we did play very well for a majority - the same outcome as if we got tanked - 0 points.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Agree Matty like when in a game you need to get goals when on top, we need to take points when we play well imo. Just slightly worried that we raise our game for City, Scum, and Spurs, and get nothing. Then against the lesser lights of say Stoke, Southampton, Reading the boys can't motivate themselves as good and we still get nothing

Comment

Working...
                  X