No announcement yet.

Andy Johnson out for most of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoilett played most of the second half of last season as a second striker behind yakubu and this is when Blackburn, briefly, looked half decent in march. Scored quite a few goals too.

From his brief cameo on Saturday it looks as is AJ was playing quite deep anyway. If this is how hughes is going to go forward I would say that no.10 position is probably Hoilett, Taarabt and Mackie's best position.

However, Id go with cisse against tottenham and hope Zamora doesnt get injured.

Lastly, get well soon AJ, looked our best player against Chelsea when we were dominating.

Comment

i dont feel as bad as most on here tbf. hes been injury prone for a long time so i aint suprised at all. we got hoillet mackie cisse zamora tarbs who can all do a job for us.
      he dont score anymore anyway so he wont be much of a loss

Comment

Big big blow for us but he is very injury prone so i'm not at all surprised! Well that means Cisse HAS to play up front with Zamora now if we're going with 4-4-2, and have Mackie as a backup striker. But I don't think Hughes will be playing Cisse a lot because that's a risk. So I reckon we'll be seeing more of the lone striker formation with Zamora up top and Taarabt possibly being brought back to play off him...Not a bad partnership come to think of it! Hoilett can also play off the striker aswell, so don't panic! Maybe this was the reason we have so many versatile midfielders then!
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

blimey i never thought id see the day when this web site would go into melt down over andy johnson! Everyone one of us must have been expecting this , the bloke always get injured!
          LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Gonna have to bring in one of our youth stars.....we may have a diamond waiting to be discovered !

Comment

I really felt gutted by this news yesterday. He looked so sharp and just what we needed at the moment.
              I wish him a speeedy recovery. Cisse has to show his usual class now.
              Do we have any youngsters who might be able to do the job from the bench now?
              Last edited by Shania; 18-09-2012, 09:57 AM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                Gonna have to bring in one of our youth stars.....we may have a diamond waiting to be discovered !
                Originally posted by Shania View Post
                Do we have any youngsters who might be able to do the job from the bench now?
                Troy Hewitt...opportunity knocks!!

Comment

Will he ever make the step? I hope he will. :=):
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                    Striker has been Mackie's position throughout his career - Mackie himself says its his best position. Its only at Rangers he's been also used on the wing.
                    Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
                    blimey i never thought id see the day when this web site would go into melt down over andy johnson! Everyone one of us must have been expecting this , the bloke always get injured!
                    4 page thread is hardly a meltdown,remember the the Hoilett thread( before he signed) was a 20 page thread,Losing AJ shouldn't have been an issue of we had 4 out and out strikers in our squad,but we don't.

Comment

This could be a massive blessing in disguise. Johnson and Zamora as two up in a 4-4-2? That's going to put the fear of god into defences all over the world.

What has happened may encourage Hughes to think a bit more laterally about how to set up a system. I wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Might get Cisse some game time. Hughes doesn't seem to like him so far this season.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2