No announcement yet.

Good performance!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every player put in a shift today and did the shirt proud- we're getting better with each game that passes which is very encouraging.

Comment

Great Performance

Thought that we were outstanding today midfield was awsome Park / Bosingwa / Nelson / Johnston/ Faulin / Ferdinand all really good

Chelsea hardly had any space to play and we were all over them in the second half

Very POSITIVE Performance no NEGATIVES at all.....

The General

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
        Agree, SWP was a complete flop though, was so chummy with Cole that I thought they would get a room added to that he played like a school kid, no positioning and generally a waste of time.

Bllimey, some fans are unbelievable. TO say SWP was a flop today is a disgrace. He played very well, like everyone else. Just because he got little from the best LB in the world, doesn't mean he was poor... not many do!

Also, if you think we can play like that against the European Champions with a passneger, you are clearly deluded. Get off the soapbox and give SWP some credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          Bllimey, some fans are unbelievable. TO say SWP was a flop today is a disgrace. He played very well, like everyone else. Just because he got little from the best LB in the world, doesn't mean he was poor... not many do!

Also, if you think we can play like that against the European Champions with a passneger, you are clearly deluded. Get off the soapbox and give SWP some credit.
          I thought AC was getting an uncomfortable ride by the crowd but by SWP constantly chatting to him as a mate it appeared IMHO to calm AC down and make the game more comfortable for him than it should have been. Within the first five minutes or so of the game starting AC appeared to be fuming about the handshake as he was speaking to SWP but SWP was simply smiling and chatting back to him. I agree AC is world class but the way therefore you get to these players is to make life as miserable as you can for them on the pitch (as we did with Torres) not treat them with the respect their footballing ability deserves and certainly not act in a way as if you were in a nightclub with them. Added to him making ACs life comfortable, i also think he didnt add anything useful footballing wise. As to soapbox, each post each of us makes is in a way an individual shout from a soapbox, if you don't want to be heard then don't post.
          Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 16-09-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I thought SWP was decent yesterday; one of his better outings for us. I don't think he is given enough credit for the effort he puts in off the ball and tracking back

Comment

I wasn't happy with the line up before game started, i can see now why Hoilett and Taarabt didn't play.

Cisse will surely start next weekend if andrew johnson is out injured

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                I thought AC was getting an uncomfortable ride by the crowd but by SWP constantly chatting to him as a mate it appeared IMHO to calm AC down and make the game more comfortable for him than it should have been. Within the first five minutes or so of the game starting AC appeared to be fuming about the handshake as he was speaking to SWP but SWP was simply smiling and chatting back to him. I agree AC is world class but the way therefore you get to these players is to make life as miserable as you can for them on the pitch (as we did with Torres) not treat them with the respect their footballing ability deserves and certainly not act in a way as if you were in a nightclub with them. Added to him making ACs life comfortable, i also think he didnt add anything useful footballing wise. As to soapbox, each post each of us makes is in a way an individual shout from a soapbox, if you don't want to be heard then don't post.
                Even if he did help calm AC down by chatting with him, which i actually doubt, more like AC just got into the game, that hardly justifies a complete flop summary.

Comment

SWP played well and did what MH asked of him, clearly chosen to start ahead of Tarbs and Hoilett for his defensive play.

2nd half we should have brought Tarbs on in place of SWP, moved Mackie upfront and Park to the right. Tarbs would have had a field day running down the left. MH missed a trick here, the game was there for the taking and had he been a little more adventous we may well have come away with 3 points
                  22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Working...
                  X