Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are QPR Really a ‘Mini’ Manchester City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are QPR Really a ‘Mini’ Manchester City?

A somewhat better researched article than the usual:

http://stateofthegame.co.uk/2012/09/...chester-city/?

Southampton and Villa should be thanking us for taking the heat off their managers. Very good piece and fair as well although you do realise that all the other fans will now bring up the wages we apparently spend,
    because the likes of Sunderland, Norwich, Swansea's players play for £250 pw and love

Comment

I cannot understand all the fuss about overspending. Well, we are a Premeir league club with a good income from the TV. So that money goes for wages. That means we are balanced. And then there is Loftus Road. Ok, its the smallest but still its nearly 18000 fans pay for home games. Other bigger clubs may have 40000 or even more home support. But do they spent like QPR on wages? And of course transfer-fees? We never paid 20 million or more on just one player with his wages well above 100k. So is it realy bad strategy from QPR....I mean with people like Fernandes and the Mittals at the helm, could it be so bad?

Comment

We have some of the shrewdest, most successful business people running our club. We have a manager, whose football careeer on and off the field have been successful and between them, they have the ability to attract top players. Phil Beard was instrumental in bringing the Olympics to London, so the infrastructure at Rangers is top class. Others clubs would love to swap places with us. Southampton have just spent £12 mill on a player whose never played in the premier, totally unproven and is a major gamble. I thnk our total summer spending wasn't much more than that. Jealousy is a terrible thing. Every other club outside of the Unted, City and Chelsea would like to have some of the players we've signed.
        Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        I cannot understand all the fuss about overspending. Well, we are a Premeir league club with a good income from the TV. So that money goes for wages. That means we are balanced. And then there is Loftus Road. Ok, its the smallest but still its nearly 18000 fans pay for home games. Other bigger clubs may have 40000 or even more home support. But do they spent like QPR on wages? And of course transfer-fees? We never paid 20 million or more on just one player with his wages well above 100k. So is it realy bad strategy from QPR....I mean with people like Fernandes and the Mittals at the helm, could it be so bad?

Comment

Working...
        X