Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Ground Update

Hi All

I run a Sunday league side under the Middlesex County FA where several teams (used to) use Warren Farm pitches. We were sent an update today which makes for interesting reading on the situation with Warren Farm:

"Firstly can I just briefly clarify the position with regards to Warren Farm and QPR. The site has not been sold to QPR. QPR have been offered a long lease on the site aligned to a development agreement that ensures that part of the site will be developed and opened for community use. The Council retains legal powers through the lease to ensure that the community benefits are adhered to. We have been very much involved in this process and delighted with the plans to significantly enhance the community football provision at Warren Farm. Indeed plans are being progressed to put in place a community representative steering group for the site for which football will be represented and I would welcome discussions with you on how best to represent the adult football needs on the site.

We fully recognise that there will be a period of time that the site will be closed whilst the significant improvements are made to the site and alternative arrangements are necessary.

Currently, The management at Warren Farm has been taken over this season by Enterprise. The company have a representative in the council offices in the same department as sports development and have been assured that are communicating on a regular basis. The policy on Warren Farm is to offer all current users availability until October 2012 at which point the site will close for development in line with the plans that have been discussed with us.

This has always been the target date however it may well be that the October date will be extended as there is a possible delay in the build start date. However we fully recognise that as a club and league you would be reluctant to take on a short term hire as it is bound to cause problems."

The bits in bold interest me as we would not own the ground but rent ala Harlington but also there could well be a delay in the building start date. I thought originally that this was supposed to be ready for the start of next season but I am wondering if this will not now be the case?

It would be very difficult I would imagine to find an area near to our ground which would be private and used solely by us. Councils these days always wnt to justify such things to their locals by saying what the local benefits would be. In some ways I like the idea of QPR involving themselves with the local community. Do we want to be a club like the scum, United, City and Arsenal whose training grounds are totally off limits all times of the week. If we can help the local community, then that will only benefit QPR. We are a 'family' club after all. In an ideal world you'd like to own your own ground, but these days that is very hard I would imagine with the kind of plans that we would want.

What Barnet have done is excellent. You can see it on the tube on the Jubilee Line. There will be a stadium there next season for them, plus there is a training ground for them plus many very good pitches which can be hired out to the local community.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

The delay has already been mentioned officially as the club enhanced Harlington to bring it up to MH's desired level, as to the long lease depends on the period, if its 99 years then not an issue

Comment

If you read the bumph supplied previously yo will see it's two hundred years. Plenty I think.

Comment

So it is leasehold, rather than being leased?

Comment

Originally posted by robloft View Post
            The delay has already been mentioned officially as the club enhanced Harlington to bring it up to MH's desired level, as to the long lease depends on the period, if its 99 years then not an issue
            I saw a while back it's something like 200 years. So hopefully we'll have enough time to use it in the Premier League :sorry:
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by robloft View Post
              Harlington is grubby at best. The 'QPR Pavilion' attached to the end of the original building looks like something you'd see put up for a 2 - 3 week exhibition, hardly 'MH's desired level'. The sooner we get Warren Farm the better, not really bothered if we don't own it.
              22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                It would be very difficult I would imagine to find an area near to our ground which would be private and used solely by us.
                I still think Barclays bank where we used to train is the perfect location. Closer to the ground/bush, room for 6+ pitches and already has all weather flood lit pitch, swimming pool, parking and clubhouse facilities. I am surprised this has never been discussed as an option. I wonder if the club are aware/considered it

Comment

The sooner we start building the better. I know it is a matter of different procedures but, the sooner it's done the sooner we can develop a good football academy and attract talent.

Comment

I would imagine Barclays can see the value of the site substantially more if they get planning permission for housing
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      I would imagine Barclays can see the value of the site substantially more if they get planning permission for housing
                      Great site though when you look at it on Google map its perfect. I hope that it has been explored, if its to pricey fair enough, but would be a shame if we have not even looked at it

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                        It would be very difficult I would imagine to find an area near to our ground which would be private and used solely by us. Councils these days always wnt to justify such things to their locals by saying what the local benefits would be. In some ways I like the idea of QPR involving themselves with the local community. Do we want to be a club like the scum, United, City and Arsenal whose training grounds are totally off limits all times of the week. If we can help the local community, then that will only benefit QPR. We are a 'family' club after all. In an ideal world you'd like to own your own ground, but these days that is very hard I would imagine with the kind of plans that we would want.

What Barnet have done is excellent. You can see it on the tube on the Jubilee Line. There will be a stadium there next season for them, plus there is a training ground for them plus many very good pitches which can be hired out to the local community.
                        DEPRESSING isn't it?!?!?!?
                        I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
                          DEPRESSING isn't it?!?!?!?
                          Yes a geezer told another geezer who appears to have told another bloke's mate who then told another geezer with a dog who someone told me was a very reliable source that then told me as I was getting off the rattler that it indeed is.

Comment

Barclays havent had anything to do with the site at Ealing for years, it used to be our London Sports Club, but believe it it was sold some years ago

Comment

Are the owners backing out of the promises? Start dates being put back? Now it won't be our own exclusive training ground? Dunno what to think tbh............Will all these things happen?

Comment

Working...
                              X