The F A and John Terry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
    If he is found guilty of anything that is classed as racism he will be able to sue the FA and will win.
    He has admitted making a racist remark. It is within the FAs remit to deem that doing so was inappropriate on the field of play regardless of context. An action against the FA by JT is highly unlikely in the UK courts, since the latter have previlously respected the rulings of sporting authorities - unless that ruling is of itself illegal. The last thing anyone wants (FA JT AF CFC QPR) is to see this saga drawn out further. I expect a guilty verdict with maximum mitigation accepted, and reflected in the 'punishment'.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      He has admitted making a racist remark. It is within the FAs remit to deem that doing so was inappropriate on the field of play regardless of context. An action against the FA by JT is highly unlikely in the UK courts, since the latter have previlously respected the rulings of sporting authorities - unless that ruling is of itself illegal. The last thing anyone wants (FA JT AF CFC QPR) is to see this saga drawn out further. I expect a guilty verdict with maximum mitigation accepted, and reflected in the 'punishment'.
      Deep in the FAs rules and regulations is the following:

In any proceedings before a Regulatory Commission, the Regulatory Commission shall not
      be obliged to follow the strict rules of evidence, may admit such evidence as it thinks fi t and
      accord such evidence such weight as it thinks appropriate in all the circumstances. Where
      the subject matter of a complaint or matter before the Regulatory Commission has been
      the subject of previous civil or criminal proceedings, the result of such proceedings and the
      facts and matters upon which such result is based shall be presumed to be correct and the
      facts presumed to be true unless it is shown, by clear and convincing evidence, that this is
      not the case

Now I am not legally trained but surely this means that unless the FA have evidence that wasnt available to the courts then surely they, according to their own rules, are duty bound to accept the courts not guilty verdict .

I think the FA are playing to the crowd in this matter in that they want to be seen as trying to pursue the matter to its conclusion. If Terry is found not guilty re the FA charge then the FA can say dont bllame us gove as we recived indepedent advice, but if the commision finds the matter proven I see this going to appeal at CAS.

Comment

Suarez was given 4 games then doubled for repeating what he said therefore Terry should be getting no more than 4 games anyway as he only said it once.

Comment

Originally posted by terraloon View Post
          Deep in the FAs rules and regulations is the following:

In any proceedings before a Regulatory Commission, the Regulatory Commission shall not
          be obliged to follow the strict rules of evidence, may admit such evidence as it thinks fi t and
          accord such evidence such weight as it thinks appropriate in all the circumstances. Where
          the subject matter of a complaint or matter before the Regulatory Commission has been
          the subject of previous civil or criminal proceedings, the result of such proceedings and the
          facts and matters upon which such result is based shall be presumed to be correct and the
          facts presumed to be true unless it is shown, by clear and convincing evidence, that this is
          not the case

Now I am not legally trained but surely this means that unless the FA have evidence that wasnt available to the courts then surely they, according to their own rules, are duty bound to accept the courts not guilty verdict .

I think the FA are playing to the crowd in this matter in that they want to be seen as trying to pursue the matter to its conclusion. If Terry is found not guilty re the FA charge then the FA can say dont bllame us gove as we recived indepedent advice, but if the commision finds the matter proven I see this going to appeal at CAS.

I bump this to the top again as I see this FA rule is now being quoted in at least 2 papers today (Mirror & Mail). Both suggesting that the charge could well now be kicked out
          There is a suggestion that the FA may well not have known their own rules.
          What is staggering is its taken so long for this regulation to surface says to me that journos are very poor in that they clearly dont do any in depth research or perhaps one of them has just found this thread.

Comment

ive thought all along that the FA won't do anything if the police didn't charge - and in all honesty - why should they? whether we agree or not - JT has been found not guilty by the letter of the law...so why would his employers/regulators sanction him for an action the letter of the law state that he did not commit?

in the real world - if i denied racially abusing a colleague, it went to court, and i was found not guilty...then my employers decided that i was still at fault and fine/fire/suspend/sanction me...i'd be fuming - because the courts judged me innocent.

i still think he was guilty, he's been found not guilty. there is nothing more that can be done.

Comment

The F.A. will do nothing, for the same reason they've done nothing till now, they love him it'll all be swept under the carpet because if found guilty it will vindicate players for not shaking his hand which they dont want! NO BAN NO FINE he'll be cleared by the do F.A. they'll say not proven as a racist remark althought he admits he said it. I cant think of any reason for saying other than a racist remark!

Comment

pretty sure i read somewhere AF would take JT to court if nothing came of the FA charges

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                  pretty sure i read somewhere AF would take JT to court if nothing came of the FA charges
                  Thats what was said last week. In view of what is now being reported I wonder if thats why AFs reps were trying to press the FA into getting(compelling new evidence?) Terrys and Coles phone records something which it seems the FA are reported to have rejected.
                  As for AF takin a civil action having read his words in court I would doubt he would be able to prove his case and I do wonder if the point is being reached where Terry could well be in a position to take a harrassement action against possibly either or indeed both The FA or Anton himself

Comment

Seems to me that AF, if he does take civil proceedings, seems to have heard of a text conversation that took place in the aftermath between Terry and A N other. One thing for sure is he is pretty agrieved about it to takke it on Further still.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      Seems to me that AF, if he does take civil proceedings, seems to have heard of a text conversation that took place in the aftermath between Terry and A N other. One thing for sure is he is pretty agrieved about it to takke it on Further still.
                      The dilema would be in both the FA case and any Civil case it is not down to Terry to prove his guilt it would be down to the FA and if a civil case AFs legal to prove his guilt. If the phone records were relevaent the CPS should have called for them to be produced but they didnt and as Terry hasnt been asked for them then the evidence around this matter as disclosed in the criminal case will have to be acceptted

Comment

still dont understand why the text conversation wasnt deemed important enough to submit as evidence, I get the feeling this wouldve actually buried both terry and his bitch who have both perjured themselves. i get the feeling that this sorry excuse of a human being will get away with it though, the FA have put this twunt on a pedastle so far and would look a right bunch of wallies if he was found guitly.

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                          still dont understand why the text conversation wasnt deemed important enough to submit as evidence, I get the feeling this wouldve actually buried both terry and his bitch who have both perjured themselves. i get the feeling that this sorry excuse of a human being will get away with it though, the FA have put this twunt on a pedastle so far and would look a right bunch of wallies if he was found guitly.
                          Couldnt agree more re any text conversation .In the court case the whole issue of telephones signals and when Terry left the ground was quite significant in brief the coach driver could prove what time the Chelsea team left the ground there was evidence when the pictures were posted on you tube and the rough timing Terry met with AF in the dressing room. The judge concluded that there was no evidence to prove that you could indeed get a signal in the away dressing room.(If you could you would have thought the CPS would have been able to prove it) Getting into the realms of circumstancial eveidence but no real proof of anything
                          Next week at the FAs headquaters will be interesting but if I were a betting man I know where my money would be

Comment

hypothically speaking if i was a player and had been accused of calling someone an FBC and was innocent i certainly wouldnt walk into the oppositions dressing room to apologise, its pretty much an admission of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by terraloon View Post
                              What is staggering is its taken so long for this regulation to surface says to me that journos are very poor in that they clearly dont do any in depth research or perhaps one of them has just found this thread.
                              It does make you wonder - this one; The Diakite 'depression' story; the AF JT will they/wont they handshake thread, all showed up here before making it into the tabloids...MBs are certainly a place they tend to snoop around for stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                                It does make you wonder - this one; The Diakite 'depression' story; the AF JT will they/wont they handshake thread, all showed up here before making it into the tabloids...MBs are certainly a place they tend to snoop around for stories.
                                Youngster from Ashford, Matt Harris, has been secretley hanging out the back of Mila Kunis in secret rendezvous' in London hotel rooms.

They first met when Mila was in London for the premier of her hit movie, Ted, and the couple didnt take long to hit it off. Sources close to Mila claim she says Matt "has the longest and widest peni$ she has ever seen" and that he is "second to none in the sack".

Kelly Brooke, a long time admirer of the 21 year old former Mr Spelthorne finalist, is said to be inconsolable at the news as she was planning to hold detailed talks with Harris about settling down together for a long-term future.

Matt is unavailable to comment on the story at present, but his agent has this to say: "Matt seriously does have a huge peni$. Honestly, we call him Pringle in the office as he can fill a Pringles tube with it. When flacid. And I dont mean a snack size tin either".
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X