Fabio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabio

Throwing this out there, but does anyone think/know if he has to start if fit as part of the loan agreement? Personally I'd have Traore left back, not only for pace and maturity but for his physical presence that balances out the back 4 with Bosingwa right back. Fabio seems to be all over the place positionally and his height opens us up to the diagonal ball.

I hope not. Haven't been impressed by him so far (although perhaps he is still adapting to the set-up at QPR). As you say, he seems to struggle positionally. Charges around aimlessly and leaves large gaps at the back for the opposition to exploit.

Comment

You lost me when you started talking about Traore's physical presence. Seriously, whilst he has pace, strength is not an asset he seems to posses.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

thought Fabio has looked better everytime he has played and i prefer him over Traore imo

Comment

traore is a lot better than fabio defensively imo (on what we've seen so far), although fabio did play quite well against city. couple of very good challenges in there.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            traore is a lot better than fabio defensively imo (on what we've seen so far), although fabio did play quite well against city. couple of very good challenges in there.
            i dont think Traore offers anything more defensively tho

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              You lost me when you started talking about Traore's physical presence. Seriously, whilst he has pace, strength is not an asset he seems to posses.
              Physical presence in that he's taller and stronger than Fabio. Traore does win headers and this season looks to have bulked up.

Comment

There's something about Fabio I just don't like. We lose a whole other dimension when he's on the pitch. He's unable to play a decent pass on his left and he cuts in way too much. Traore is simple but extremely effective; he has pace and can deliver a decent cross too. I think he's a better defender too.

Comment

Traore is very pacy, skilful, a good crosser of the ball BUT he is not a defender

Comment

Well Fabio has got mixed reviews on I got to say I like him, he gets stuck in goes forward, i dont think hes ball retention is terrible he young i think he pretty good now and going to get better, Traore I like him too i would like him even more if he was not crying to come off after 60 mins every game

Comment

Fabio had his best game against Man City, didn't seem to be in awe like some other players. With a good run of games, he can only get better.

Comment

Neither are out and out defenders. Personally, I'd prefer Traore as I think he is the better of the two, especially with his passing.

So far I'm yet to be convinced by Fabio if I'm honest.

Comment

I'm with vblockranger on this one, there are numerous (I can remember at least three from last spring) occations when Traore gets fooled, he just gives up and walks back leaving someone else to clean up his mess.. I'd for sure prefere Fabio until Traore shows more guts, don't forget Fabios amazing block against MC!

This is also why I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors inculuding him and Adel from saturday are true, too bad if so..

Comment

I like Fabio, has improved with every game. He gets caught out of position, but he always busts a gut to get back. And he's made some terrific tackles too. Give him a run in the team I say.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                              thought Fabio has looked better everytime he has played and i prefer him over Traore imo
                              Originally posted by Will M View Post
                              I like Fabio, has improved with every game. He gets caught out of position, but he always busts a gut to get back. And he's made some terrific tackles too. Give him a run in the team I say.
                              Spot on both

Comment

Working...
                              X