Walsall, Reading (League Cup) and a New Ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walsall, Reading (League Cup) and a New Ground

If we are serious about a 30,000+ new ground then I think we have to make serious efforts and show some intent by encouraging a crowd for League cup and FA Cup games.

12000 empty seats for Walsall, 14,000 for Rochdale last season needs to be turned around as I do not expect more then 10,000 for the Reading game.

I think we should seriously be considering £10 for adults and kids with a paying adult go free. Guessing that Reading won’t fill top and bottom of the away end so give them down stairs and make upstairs for the schools in the surrounding areas giving the tickets away free.

If we have any aspirations of really filling a new ground personally I think we need to demonstrate that we can sell out our home cup games. Get the kids in free for this game while we know there is going to be spare capacity and hopefully get them hooked!!!

I think anything less then a 12,000 crowd for Reading will be bad business.

I think those are all excellent ideas.. I was at the Walsall match and it would have been great to the ground fuller however, I think we have to be careful as I suppose there are policing/stewarding costs to take into account. Still, I really can't see why more clubs let alone ours don't make more effort(s) into building up the fan base with imaginative ideas to get the ground full.. those coming to a cup night then might just want to go to league games (if they can afford it) and so on...

Comment

For the Walsall match, they only had tickets for 3 stands on sale anyway! Ellerslie was not on sale.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
        For the Walsall match, they only had tickets for 3 stands on sale anyway! Ellerslie was not on sale.
        I know mate but instead of just having a half empty stadium why not encourage the kids in. Kids are the next generation of our club especially if we move to a bigger ground.

My first game at Rangers was a mates birthday and after that I wanted to go again and again and I am guessing their are similar stories for others. We are never going to give tickets away against Man Utd and Arsenal etc as their is money to be made but early rounds of the cup when their is spare seats lets get the kids in and market the club to the youth

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          I know mate but instead of just having a half empty stadium why not encourage the kids in. Kids are the next generation of our club especially if we move to a bigger ground.

My first game at Rangers was a mates birthday and after that I wanted to go again and again and I am guessing their are similar stories for others. We are never going to give tickets away against Man Utd and Arsenal etc as their is money to be made but early rounds of the cup when their is spare seats lets get the kids in and market the club to the youth
          Here here... or is it hear hear?

Comment

If Reading are bringing less than 1000 fans give them the one part of the paddock and let Rs fans have all the school end with ST holders in paddock having choice of seats also good idea to let local school kids in H&F & Ealing to turn these kids into future Rs fans

Comment

Has the date for the Reading game been agreed yet? Nothing on offish or BBC - just says w/c 24th Sept

Comment

Originally posted by BuffooneRy View Post
                Here here... or is it hear hear?
                It's hear hear, as in wanting everyone to listen to and agree with the message
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I agree with letting kids even up to 16 year olds in free. With a paying adult. But you may find that many parents would not be willing to take their kids or schools not doing trip type excursions. i.e. teachers bringing their class along with parents as helpers because it's a school night. and a lot of parents won't want their kids out late. Also would it be viable to bring classes due to health and safety and also the lateness of the match. Great idea though if things like this can be overcome.the more in the ground the better.

Comment

Working...
                  X