Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need continuity - not changing the team every game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need continuity - not changing the team every game.

I have never knocked Mark Hughes before, even when it seemed we would go down last season, and even after Swansea. And I am not saying he should be sacked, he deserves a chance.

But, I am deeply worried at the lack of continuity we have. Yes, having a big squad is good, yes, having competition for places is good. But at the end of the day, you still need 7-8 players who will be there on the team-sheet every game unless they're injured. And we don't seem to have this.

What worries me is that MH seems to be willing to drop players after one game.

Adel had a bad game second-half Swansea, and he got dropped.
    Hoilett had a bad game against Norwich (like everyone else), and he has been dropped.
    Hill had a poor half against Norwich, and is he now dropped? Remember, this is the Hill we all said was our best CB last season.

It also seems to me that MH bought Green as a keeper who will play first choice all season, and now, despite what he says, had made a knee-jerk reaction and decided to get Ceasar.

If you keep changing the team too often, then players aren't used to playing with the other players, and you get what we have seen this season - disjointed performances. MH really needs to sort out his starting XI soon, and stick with the same team more or less unless there is a continued dip in performance of a player. Changing players each game is not going to work.

Another thread of fun.

Awesome

Comment

Yes continuity is good

once Hughes has worked out who his best 11 are

but there is sometimes a need to change depending on the opposition,

Lets tak again after the west ham game
      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
        Yes continuity is good

once Hughes has worked out who his best 11 are

but there is sometimes a need to change depending on the opposition,

Lets tak again after the west ham game

I agree, I will give him time to work out his starting 11, and yes, sometimes we do need a change depending on the situation. I just really hope he doesn't continue with dropping players after a bad performance. I think Clint Hill should be our CB, and I am worried that he might not get back into the team now.

Comment

Except Ferdinand had a mare against Walsall, and kept his place.

So maybe he picked a team he thought could get a result against City? How dare he, what a nerve the man has got!

Comment

Marshy do you really think Hill is a better centre back than Nelson?

So far If I was the manager based on my limited knowledge i would have the following as automatic choices provided fit and available. so far i dont beleive hughes has yet played Park in his most effective position. I think the variables are dependant on home and awa and who we are playing

GK Cesar
            RB Bosingwa
            CB Mbia
            CB Nelson
            LB ??right back??
            RM Park
            CM Diakite
            CM Granola
            LM ??left midfield??
            SK Cisse
            SK Zammora
            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

I'm not sure about Nelsen. Saw him play a couple of times for Spurs, and I was not impressed. He was good today, but I don't know how much stamina he has to last the whole season.

Comment

I love Clint Hill, top top guy, and I will never forget his contribution. But, at this point, there is no way on this earth he should be first choice centre back. M'bia / Nelsen for me, with Nedhum 1st reserve.

Comment

Working...
                X