Non English XI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non English XI

It is quite possible that in the next few games we could do the unthinkable and name a fully "foreign" side. As much as I am excited about our new era does anyone else find this a worrying fact?

Tbh I really dont mind at all. Obviously in an ideal world be great have Englishmen in your side, but when the going rate is £20m for somebody like Jordan Henderson when you can go abroad and get Grenade for £9m & Diakite for £3.5m then its a no brainer to me.

I just want the strongest side possible on the pitch, regardless of where theyre from.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Queens Park United Nations.

Comment

In the short term it's important to increase profile of the club and stay in the division. In long term, we're supposed to be bringing in youth academy and bringing our own talent through.

Young talent will progress faster if we have top quality players to learn from like Cesar, Granero, Tarbs, Faurlin, Zamora etc

I think Bobby will be a main stay for us, been best player for us so far. He could well be the only English man though.

Comment

Seems like we will have at least 1 English CB, you could get away with Bosingwa and Mbia.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
            In the short term it's important to increase profile of the club and stay in the division. In long term, we're supposed to be bringing in youth academy and bringing our own talent through.

Young talent will progress faster if we have top quality players to learn from like Cesar, Granero, Tarbs, Faurlin, Zamora etc

I think Bobby will be a main stay for us, been best player for us so far. He could well be the only English man though.
            Yep, such an underrated player and Swansea game showed just how much we miss his presence up top.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by R in Qatar View Post
              It is quite possible that in the next few games we could do the unthinkable and name a fully "foreign" side. As much as I am excited about our new era does anyone else find this a worrying fact?
              Definitely not. They won't be here forever, and we will always be an English club. The players will eventually return home anyway. Bit like you in Qatar really ;)

Comment

Im sure if fit, Anton Ferdinind, Junior Hoilett and Bobby Zamora will play the majority of games..........

Comment

Depends where you come from Club v Country. If club no people dont identify anymore with local hero's few make it. If national team yes as it is the last in a chain of short comings which undermine the status of the national team.
                  Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Not worrying, but a reflection on our youth development, and as has been mentioned the ridiculous fees needed to sign English players.

Comment

it's a sad thing to state but this is entirely down to the fault of the FA over the past few decades.

I could write paragraphs of how poorly they managed the youth set up but i won't waste my time. in a nutshell - only now is this St George's Park (I think?) ready to house a national team with top facilities. the FA have spent too long sitting back and taking in the fortunes of the PL and not given two hoots about the national side. only now that the fans are turning their backs on the national team (wembley is hardly every a sellout anymore) have they realised they need to invest.

That teams are fielding full foreign sides in the english premier league is unfortunately the fault of the FA and the fact that there are not as many good english players out therre. why play 2nd rate players sinply due to the nationality on their passports?

Comment

England suck and are ran by TheFA. I couldn't care about who plays as long as its a good team
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                          Im sure if fit, Anton Ferdinind, Junior Hoilett and Bobby Zamora will play the majority of games..........
                          You know hoilett is canadian?

Comment

Originally posted by Adel View Post

You know hoilett is canadian?
                            Yes, dont know why I put his name down

Comment

Hoilett has not yet decided which national team he is going to play for.

Comment

Working...
                              X