No announcement yet.

Reason Not To Panic After Just 2 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think people are panicking but all of my comments over the last 6 weeks have revolved around the blatant lack of a quality goalscorer. The first 2 games have only emphasised how much I am right. We should be sat on top with max points from 2 games. Instead we are mid to lower end, and going into a game against one of the better sides slightly under pressure needing a win, instead of going there flying with 6 out of 6.

Football is all about confidence and the longer we throw points away the lower the confidence drops and our dreams of promotion fizzle out.

Please do all you can to get this point across to whoever you know, otherwise I PROMISE you we will not go up. I truly believe we are not far away.

The issue now becomes, who is actually left. Most of the top ones have already been missed. I think Beckford is our only hope now. Welbeck would be amazing but don't think that will happen.

Top striker is the difference between 10th and 4th. SIMPLE AS THAT.
    :drunk:

Comment

board missed the boat, should have gone out and got Cox, Evans or likewise months ago. With the backing we have we surely have the finances to outbid other teams in CCC and offer more wages.

Comment

I think it is more the case as to why "we didn't go for it" in the summer and bring in Sven and some good players to compete... that is why everyone is panicking....

I can understand it, I was surprised that JM got the job and why we never brought in some decent players, but they want to do it their way and I can understand that totally....

I do not think there is a reason to panic yet, if we win our next 3 games we'll be in a good position...

Comment

Am i missing the point here? I don't think people are panicking, i think people have seen that this team is a well organised unit at the back(despite people having differing opinions re hall)A competent midfield but with Rowland Faurlin to come in and Buz not yet fully match fit...an attacking midfield in the making.The team is creating chances and the football is looking better...

However - if we had strikers that more clinical in front of goal...so far a fluke cross and a lucky nod ..is all we have managed so far, then it might make us a more dangerous unit/team.This in turn could propel us from mid table team to title changing side.

Goals win games, ask Arsenal or Liverpool fans this weekend.

We have the makings of a very good team....if we locate a striker or two who could turn our creativity into goals into points up the league.

Im not panicking because this team will not be in the relegation battle this year, but fear without a decent strike force, we will end up half way up the league once agin

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
            Am i missing the point here? I don't think people are panicking, i think people have seen that this team is a well organised unit at the back(despite people having differing opinions re hall)A competent midfield but with Rowland Faurlin to come in and Buz not yet fully match fit...an attacking midfield in the making.The team is creating chances and the football is looking better...

However - if we had strikers that more clinical in front of goal...so far a fluke cross and a lucky nod ..is all we have managed so far, then it might make us a more dangerous unit/team.This in turn could propel us from mid table team to title changing side.

Goals win games, ask Arsenal or Liverpool fans this weekend.

We have the makings of a very good team....if we locate a striker or two who could turn our creativity into goals into points up the league.

Im not panicking because this team will not be in the relegation battle this year, but fear without a decent strike force, we will end up half way up the league once agin

what he said +1

Comment

We missed glaring chances at home to Blackpool, scored 5 against Exeter, but all our chances at Plymouth were from outside the box, a goal-poacher would not have made a difference.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Small point of order.

Only 1 striker scored in Arsenal's 6 and he was a sub.

And no striker scored at White Hart Lane.
                We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  We missed glaring chances at home to Blackpool, scored 5 against Exeter, but all our chances at Plymouth were from outside the box, a goal-poacher would not have made a difference.
                  was that cos we have poor players up front who didnt give the midfielders an option in the box thus had to take the long pop?
                  arent we looking for a player that is "in the right place at the right time" ? are we not crying out for one of them?

keep it coming Pete.....

Comment

I'm sure we'll get a striker in, but fair to say Helguson and tarrabt played well first half.

You have to give current players the chance to prove themselves, its Vine and Ageymang that I personally am disappointed in.

(just my opinion of course)
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                      was that cos we have poor players up front who didnt give the midfielders an option in the box thus had to take the long pop?
                      arent we looking for a player that is "in the right place at the right time" ? are we not crying out for one of them?

keep it coming Pete.....
                      Exactly, He sounds more ridiculous defending his point the longer this goes on.

We struggled to score last year and are continuing to struggle this year (so far).

Comment

The only person who should be panicing is Magilton. If he wants to keep his job he should be in Flavios office demanding a striker, and he should be begging Flavio and Pete to let him play a different system to 442, so our best players can be accommodated in the same team.

If Pete and FB dont allow magilton to employ a system that suits our players, and provides the opposition with problems, we wont win anything and most of the best players at the club will be warming the bench this season.

Also is Pete giving us prior warning that aggy and vine are on their way???

simples.
                        Last edited by highgradeR; 17-08-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by highgradeR View Post
                          The only person who should be panicing is Magilton. If he wants to keep his job he should be in Flavios office demanding a striker, and he should be begging Flavio and Pete to let him play a different system to 442, so our best players can be accommodated in the same team.

If Pete and FB dont allow magilton to employ a system that suits our players, and provides the opposition with problems, we wont win anything and most of the best players at the club will be warming the bench this season.

simples.
                          he's not allowed to play 1 up front! Pete and his lot would walk out due to lack of entertainment

Comment

Lol good answer Newark, but we could debate that point all night.Chelsea got out of jail because their goalscorer scored two, or Man Utd the same with Wayne Rooney.Liverpools midfiled and defence failed to get a win against Spurs....etc....

I think everyone is aware how important it is the players all over the pitch to chip in with goals here and there, but at the end of the day... to be a top team in my opinion you need your ...defenders to defend...midfields to defend and create and your forwards to score goals, as thats their job.

If we were to win 6-1 each week with only one goal coming from our strike force....i would be more than happy.But thats not going to happen .I read on here Pete stating that AT would score 15 goals this season.I would happily take that bet of £50.00 donating to any charity if a QPR midfield player would score more than 15 goals in this season.

I would be happy if i lost bet as 50.00 squid goes to a goopd cause and we have found a midfielder that contributes that many goals - but i cannot see how when last years top scorer scored less than that and got the elbow.

Its not imperative but it helps to have a strike force(not just one - but all of them) scoring goals.

In the hazy days of Sir Les - we all knew if the oppo scored, les was more than capable of netting 1-2 goals to get us out of trouble.

We have a good team here - lacking in 1 department - up front.I hope HH or Pellicori or Vine or Balanta or Pat has a big season and scores us shed loads of goals as i think we will be quite tight at the back.And if AT or Wayne chip in with 8-10 goals each....we are in the hunt.

But these are just my opinions...does not make me correct.

Comment

Working...
                            X