Top 2 were

Birmingham
    Wolves

Season 07/08

after 2 games

Stoke
    Watford

and even after 10 games that season

top 2 were Watford and Bristol City and neither went up.

League is not won or lost in August

by the way top 3 in 06/07

Luton were 3rd after 2 games and look at them now:what:

Top 2 were
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Last season
    2008/09 season

Top 2 after 2 games

Coventry
    Preston

Burnley were bottom

Takes shape after 10 games

Top 2 were

Birmingham
    Wolves

Season 07/08

after 2 games

Stoke
    Watford

and even after 10 games that season

top 2 were Watford and Bristol City and neither went up.

League is not won or lost in August

by the way top 3 in 06/07

Luton were 3rd after 2 games and look at them now:what:

Top 2 were
    A very good point but I don't believe many are panicking anyway

The majority can see that we need a striker but apart from that we look good
    We Are The People.....

Comment

Not panacking......just a tad dissapointed thats all.
      They seek him here.................

Comment

I dont think its time to panic - but we seem to be unable to kill off games. Its frustrating, because all round, we have a very good side - but the obvious problem we had last year was scoring goals, which has hardly been rectified. If we had got the quality in the box - we would have put our chances away in the last 2 games, and won both of them. These are 2 arguably easier games than a lot we will come up against, and all these missed opportunities are important - whether its early in the season or not. Bristol is a hard place to go to, and we could find ourselves on 2 points out of a possible 9, which doesnt give us the best of starts. Im not panicing, but we have had all sumemr to srt these problems out - but it feels like once again nothing is changing and we are throwing points away already. In terms of performance level - i am impressed however - but without the goals going in, we are making lives more difficult for ourselves

Comment

Gill spot on and very good post.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Just because someone like tarrabt has not scored in the first two games, does not mean he won't score goals, same as Helguson.

But now Looking at Vine and Ageymang, time to give Pellicori a try.

Your right we need quality up front, but it ain't easy. I'm sure we will get a striker in next 4-6 weeks.
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

GP's test tube project of getting taarabt to play up front will get JM the sack me thinks. We have already tossed 4 points away which could easily be into double figures afterr 10 games.

Comment

Pete

You feel we may gat a striker in 4-6 weeks. The transfer window SHUTS in 2 weeks . If we dont sign a PROVEN striker then surely we will be left bringing in someone on loan that can't cut the mustard where he is!
                Another sign of our owners trying to do it on the cheap. It just seems so frustrating that EVERYONE can see that one good proven c/f is all we are away from being a top 3/4 club . What do you think

Comment

Just goes to show how much we were punching above our weight early doors last season!
                  "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                  QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                  Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                  Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Just because someone like tarrabt has not scored in the first two games, does not mean he won't score goals, same as Helguson.

But now Looking at Vine and Ageymang, time to give Pellicori a try.

Your right we need quality up front, but it ain't easy. I'm sure we will get a striker in next 4-6 weeks.
                    Taarabt should be playing on the wing and not as a striker. He´ll probably score more as a winger than a striker, as he then more often can run with the ball, take on defenders and shoot .

Comment

Don't panic Mr Manwearing...

Comment

Even when the window shuts clubs can still sign players on a load deal with a view to making them permanet in January (same way that Sheff Utd signed Brian Howard from Barnsley last September).

However, I do agree that there is no need to panic, although QPR have drawn against 2 of the Division's weakest sides.

Hopefully, Rowlands and Faurlin will all be fit very soon as well as Buzsaky and Vine finding their form again.

For me, Taarabt is not a striker, he doesn't appear to be able to shoot very well and has missed at least 2 one on ones in two of the games that I have seen him play.

Comment

Taraabt is a quality player, no doubt - but his game is creating goals, and getting a few himself - but not an out and out striker. Why are a team as "rich" as us finding it so difficult to bring in a striker? I know its not as easy as it sounds, but how many other teams have brought them in? Why are we any different?

Comment

I just hope it doesn't take too much longer before J and J relise that MAHON AND LEGS CANNOT PLAY IN THE SAME TEAM!!! STATIC AND SOLID AS OAK TREES!
                            Until Faurlin and Rowly are back, I'd stick Taarabt/Ephraim out on the left wing, and Buzz in the middle with ONE of the two tree-trunks.

AND WHAT'S CONNOLLY DOING ON THE POXY BENCH, FFS? However good Hall was, Connolly will always be a completely different class at CB.

If both of those issues take too much longer, then I'll start panicking...
                            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

We are creating plenty of attacking threat,but lack a clinical finisher in front of goal.The vast majority of Rangers fans have been saying all Summer that we need to sign a striker.Time is marching on-we can't keep drawing games that we should be winning,and winning convincingly.

Comment

Working...
                              X