QPR switch excites Julio Cesar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR switch excites Julio Cesar

Julio Cesar is looking forward to linking up with Queens Park Rangers and experiencing all that the Premier League has to offer.

The vastly-experienced goalkeeper is close to completing a switch from Inter Milan after holding transfer talks at Loftus Road on Tuesday.

The Brazil international admits the opportunity to move to England has come out of the blue, with a deal having been pieced together in a short space of time.

Cesar is, however, excited to be opening a new chapter in his career after seven years in Italy - during which time he won the UEFA Champions League and five Serie A titles.

The 32-year-old hopes he will be given the opportunity to bid a fond farewell to the Inter supporters before heading through the exits, but believes the agreement put in place with QPR will prove beneficial to all concerned.

"I am a bit surprised, but I am delighted to have been given the opportunity by QPR to come to London, learn English and play in the Premier League," Cesar told Sportv News.

Read more...

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...es-julio-cesar

From what i've seen of him he doesn't have an ego at all, he's respectful and optimistic. He should fit in very well
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

My favourite Cesar video.

Weeping in the arms of his mother after Brazil went out of the World Cup in 2010:

Comment

Is it official yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezum Crowe View Post
          My favourite Cesar video.

Weeping in the arms of his mother after Brazil went out of the World Cup in 2010:

Why do you like that? It's quite sad really.All hail Cesar!
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Its all breaking on twitter that its done.. Julio has confirmed it himself.
            Only one of the voices in my head is crazy...

Comment

I guess the offy will catch up in a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                Why do you like that? It's quite sad really.All hail Cesar!
                I just think it's quite poignant. The fact that outside the car he looks completely composed. Then once he thinks no one can see him he goes to pieces.

Comment

Hhhhhmmmmm he might change his mind when he sees the midfield and defence open up like the red sea in front of him!!!!!

Comment

"It all started during my summer vacation, when Inter suggested that I reduce my salary.

"No player in my situation would have done that - I am not a hypocrite and I can talk openly about this.

"It became a tough situation for both parties. I then spoke to my representative and I thought this was a good choice."

Well at least he stopped short of saying that he is only here for the money............just!

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy that we are able to attract this calibre of player these days. If Cesar signs we will have 4 Champions League winners in the starting line up. I do however think we need to be a bit careful of signing too many players that are only here for one final payday, it has been the downfall of many Premier League sides over the years!

Comment

Wish they would confirm this. It is possible that some of the "undecided" defenders might decide to come if they know he will be in goal.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                        Wish they would confirm this. It is possible that some of the "undecided" defenders might decide to come if they know he will be in goal.
                        Have to say this has crossed my mind too.

Comment

Cesar wont be making his R's debut against City on Saturday unfortunately. He wants to say his goodbyes to the Inter Milan fans on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                            Thats a really good point...here's hoping anyway!

Comment

Even the US News is reporting on Cesar.

http://india.nydailynews.com/busines...signs-with-qpr

Comment

Working...
                              X