No announcement yet.

Rob Green last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think hes a good keeper, however, his passed defines him. Even if he ups his confidence (which with likelihood of cesar coming and our defence isnt going to happen anytime soon) as soon as he slips up again hell be back to square one. feel a bit sorry for him tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
      i think hes a good keeper, however, his passed defines him. Even if he ups his confidence (which with likelihood of cesar coming and our defence isnt going to happen anytime soon) as soon as he slips up again hell be back to square one. feel a bit sorry for him tbh.
      You and me both mate.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

We need two goalkeepers, for one thing one might get injured (Cesar has been injured for long periods in the past).

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Are you for real? I love keepers rolling the ball out short to start playing football. I ****ing hated Paddy just lumping the ball upfield every time , only for their defence to head it straight back to us - just shows a total lack of quality. Looking to play the ball out and keep the ball is the sign of a good keeper, IMO.
          I agree, I don't think he was that bad last night and nor was he against Norwich. Even in the Swansea game, when he made a few errors (a vital 1st one), I think he has been harshly treated and blamed by many for what was ultimately a shocking & dreadful performance by most players in the team on that day.

Yes, his confidence is low, but until he feels the fans, players and management support him, this will not get better. Cesar will be 1st choice, but Green will have to challenge him to get back in the side.

Comment

Originally posted by loftlag View Post
            Matty was you there last night ,why I ask I'm looking for a well balanced view on Greens play dld come off his line and comand his area did he try to marshal his defense as these are what I missing
            Not sure what others think but I thought that he was very quiet, certainly did not 'command' his area and overall I feel that he knows he shepherds crook is half way round his neck with he Emperor waiting in he wings.... As previously stated Ryan Nelsen had a decent game and he looks very assured and is a big beast so can stand his ground as it were.... Hope this helps in some way....

Comment

Working...
            X