Why mocking us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why mocking us?

Don't really understand why other fans say we are an overpaying club. When you look back at our signings, we paid £3.5m for Diakite and £3million for Park Ji-Sung. the rest were free signings plus Fabio on loan. They better look at what Liverfool have paid for Joe Allen (£15m) and Andy carroll (£35m). The only explaining I can come up with is jealousy.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
    Don't really understand why other fans say we are an overpaying club. When you look back at our signings, we paid £3.5m for Diakite and £3million for Park Ji-Sung. the rest were free signings plus Fabio on loan. They better look at what Liverfool have paid for Joe Allen (£15m) and Andy carroll (£35m). The only explaining I can come up with is jealousy.
    Agreed. we also sold many players.

Comment

i think we will pay some big bucks this week to get a couple of centre back

Comment

Sunderland paid over 20 million for Fletcher and Johnson and west Ham about 10 million for Jarvis,but that seems to be okay. But we get few free transfers and paid few million for couple of players it's like we are club that throws money around. I guess it's only because we can finally compete with most of the PL clubs for players and came to play at their playground

Comment

It's down to the media and lazy journalism. The papers say we are big spending because of the people behind the club are rich, and uninformed fans assume it's true. Nobody has made a big deal that Swansea have signed Ki. If it were us there's no doubt the papers would have painted a different picture on the deal, saying we are yet again flashing the cash.

I don't doubt that we are paying big wages for some of our players, but I think that is actually a problem stemming from agents and players themselves. Too many players are happy to just sit on the bench and collect big wages. Yet when it comes to to moving to a smaller team they won't more money as compensation for taking a step down.

Comment

And they have not really realized that Tango and Cash doesnt own our club anymore. The media doesn´t take us seriously at all, just yet. But that will hopefully improve when Barton is off to France and our team have gone through a most needed gelling period.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Did anyone else think Ned looked good at CB? Think we might only need to buy one more.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezum Crowe View Post
                Did anyone else think Ned looked good at CB? Think we might only need to buy one more.
                NO !!!!

Comment

i said he better at CB a few times, that where he should play.

we got plenty cover at left back and right back

Comment

Yes i did

Comment

Its to do with our profile, we are constantly mentioned in the press in relation to signings so people whoi do not look to closely get the impression that we are doing even more business than we are doing. add to that the fact that although we are not spending big on transfers our wage bill has to be going up substantially, its foolish in the extreme to just look at actual transfer costs when calculating the real outlay of a football club

Bosingwa was a free, fine but there will be signing on fee agents fee and substantial weekly wages which adds up to many millions, same with Johnson another free transfer that in reality is a big outlay especially for someone likely to be a fringe player

We need to do this at the moment to have a chance of competing, why worry about what other supporters think anyway about what we are doing, the only thing that matters is the result when we meet them on the pitch, the rest is just hot air
                      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

What Shania said
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                        X