Clint Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint Hill

Having been to Wycombe, watched the friendlies over seas via stream and going saturday, my opinion is this great guy has had his time with us.

He looks slow and uncomfortable. There was a moment in the first half when Graham almost pinched the ball off him when Hill had a 5 yard head start and was last man. One of their goals, Routledge (who I said at the time we should have kept) played an underhit ball across with the outside of his right foot and Hill of seasons gone by would have comfortably cut it out but his clumsy stretch was embarrassing. He let an amateurish ball bounce and bobble at Wycombe, which I put down to pre season fitness but now believe it's what he offers.

Before he's remembered for what I think will happen to him over the coming weeks I think he needs to be replaced.

Anton isn't the answer but for those that say Hill is better are just remembering the past. Anton over Hill comfortably for me. We DESPERATELY need at least 1 CB as we all know.

Im with you Rich. Have said myself I feel he will be a weak link this year. Blokes a top top man and was awesome for us last year, but I cant help but feel he's had it and will be found out big time this year, not confident in him at all. He seems immune to stick from some of our fans though.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

It's the reason players aren't signed by clubs for their entire careers. They are given 1 year, 5 years or anything in between because players lose form, get old, injured or just don't progresss. Hill is at the point where his legs have caught up with him and he doesn't cut it as a Premier League defender. Those that don't see it are either not into football or have obtained an emotional tie to a player where regardless of performance they won't allow their eyes and brain to comprehend what they did actually just see......several times....

Comment

No doubt, he is here mainly for the continuity. ATM, he is also the only one who seems quite vocal in our defence. Just my opinion.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Well if our POTY is finished after one game Taarabt must be finished too then, after the wasteful performance by him, with his abysmal shooting, and terrible decision making again........

Comment

wasn't the only player who has a shocker.

only reason i can see he is in the team is because we literatly dont have any leaders like him.

anton and onuoha should be banned as a centreback pairing. we will go down with those two at the back.

ferdinand nor hill should be starters for us if we are serious about a mid table push.
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Hill had a great swansong last season, but for me it was never going to be replicated this time. He is a Championship defender another year older. Let's not forget, NW is one of his biggest fans and didn't think he had enough for the prem last year and shipped him off on loan.

For me, it was a stupid decision not to play Nelsen. He is a class act and why bring him here to sit on the bench. He is a natural defensive leader hence hes been captains for most teams, and HR was raving about his impact at Spurs for short spell last year. He must start from now on and hopefully Mbia will come in also to play with him.

Comment

All the players looked below average (bar Hoilett). Don't think going to asia pre season was the best preparation.

Comment

This is right and it wouldnt surprise me if we sign a CB either today or tomorrow

Comment

Anton over Hill someone is having a laugh or just blind IMHO !!

Ferdinand played with poop in his pants, takes a nap, caught out of position again and again, stands off all the time.
                    Doesn't coach situations and responsible for a lot of goals we received last season.

Against a top bloke like Hill who plays with his heart and all passion, giving it all not winning all his battles but puts in a shift all the time.
                    He actually gives a **** when Swansea scored, Hill turns around and baffles people if front of him letting this Michu having a go.
                    What does Anton when they hit their goal ?? yes, he just looks down on the ground.

Why do so many people on here think Anton is such a good defender?, just cause he is the brother of or he had so many clubs and played in the PL who were just to glad to get rid of him ?
                    From Holland with love

Comment

I agree the goal (4th I think it was) where he stretched to cut out the ball and missed was the kind of thing you expect to see in a Sunday League match! He was brilliant the last ten games of last season, but anyone who's seen him play before will know he was playing well above his level! I would be very surprised if Nelsen didn't start on Saturday, yes he's past his best but has bags of Premiership experience and may well be able to marshall the rest of our motley crew into something resembling a back four! He'll provide a bit of leadership if nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by Pey View Post
                        Anton over Hill someone is having a laugh or just blind IMHO !!

Ferdinand played with poop in his pants, takes a nap, caught out of position again and again, stands off all the time.
                        Doesn't coach situations and responsible for a lot of goals we received last season.

Against a top bloke like Hill who plays with his heart and all passion, giving it all not winning all his battles but puts in a shift all the time.
                        He actually gives a **** when Swansea scored, Hill turns around and baffles people if front of him letting this Michu having a go.
                        What does Anton when they hit their goal ?? yes, he just looks down on the ground.

Why do so many people on here think Anton is such a good defender?, just cause he is the brother of or he had so many clubs and played in the PL who were just to glad to get rid of him ?

Anton is not a world beater and nobody would suggest that, but for me he hasn't done a lot wrong either. He is a lot quicker thand Hill and better on the ball. Hill may have come into the defence and galvanised them, but Ferdinand was part of that unit, and yet people think it was all Hill.... it wasn't. Ferdinand maybe does need someone next to him who will keep him in line, but Nelsen would do that and for me he is a much better option than Hill at this time. Imo Anton has to play with either of them, you can't have Hill and Nelsen together as their age and lack of pace would count against us.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                          Anton is not a world beater and nobody would suggest that, but for me he hasn't done a lot wrong either. He is a lot quicker thand Hill and better on the ball. Hill may have come into the defence and galvanised them, but Ferdinand was part of that unit, and yet people think it was all Hill.... it wasn't. Ferdinand maybe does need someone next to him who will keep him in line, but Nelsen would do that and for me he is a much better option than Hill at this time. Imo Anton has to play with either of them, you can't have Hill and Nelsen together as their age and lack of pace would count against us.

To justify Ferdinand playing only because of having speed is in my opinion not granted.
                          Its basic defending what counts: winning battles, positional play, alert and sharpness all issues better addressed by Hill.
                          Well of course thats my take of matters.
                          From Holland with love

Comment

Originally posted by Pey View Post
                            To justify Ferdinand playing only because of having speed is in my opinion not granted.
                            Its basic defending what counts: winning battles, positional play, alert and sharpness all issues better addressed by Hill.
                            Well of course thats my take of matters.
                            Not only speed obviously, but he is not that bad at the other aspects, such as reading the game, sharpness and positional play or winning chalenges either. You cant suggest he's poor at everything. I personally think Clint will get caught out for pace a lot more than Anton would be caught out for the other aspects. Also, lets not get too far on the Clint Hill bandwagon and pretend he's not also prone to lapses in concentration, positional sense and sharpness also.

Comment

Hill is a 'top bloke' and deserved his 'POTY' award, but in truth I think he is probably not going to play much this season.

However, I dont think Ferdinand should either. QPR need a better CB than him to play alongside Nelsen. QPR also need a left footed left back.

Comment

Working...
                              X