Tactics so wrong today........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactics so wrong today........

I must admit today was totally unexpected, but if you break it down there was so much wrong with our play today:

1. If you're going to play 1 up top then it has to be Zamora. Cisse is a finisher. He does not hold the ball up.

2. If Tarabat is going to play in the hole, he needs to release the ball and bust a gut to help Cisse in the middle. He makes no effort to get in the box.

3. If you are going to bring a new keeper in, he certainly has to be better than what you have. I have seen enough of Rob Green including today to show he is not. I watched him closely and despite him not getting close to some of the goals he kept his mouth shut and made no effort to berate his defenders.

4. It is all well and good buying 8 new players this summer, but the main reason we were so poor last season was because of our central defence. We have clearly brought in Nelsen to be a squad player, but why has no one been brought in which is crying out for a proper centre half!!!!!!

5. Our team today had far too many offensive players. Park and Diakiete were constantly being over run with no support from Mackie, Tarabat, Hoilet and Zamora.

6. Lack of leadership today was massive. I am sure Park will be a good player for us, but when we were 2 and 3 down today I looked at him closely and not once was he barking out orders to his team to f**king gee them up to get themselves sorted. It was a shambles at times and we looked woeful.

7. Defence in general just looks woeful. Fabio looks decent going forward, but his first job is to defend and he can't do this. He gets forward, but doesn't get back. He does not have much of a left foot for a left back and his positioning is awful.

8. Ferdinand was all at sea today. Didn't know whether to come or do and once again it is his consistency which shows is he good enough for us?

9. Hill was shocking. Last season was a fluke for him. He will not be able to replicate that for us again this season. He was being pulled all over the place by Graham and surely his time has come?

10. Onuhua. I had no confidence in him last season and today confirmed that. When he went in the middle, he was dreadful. He failed to clear the ball and had that been someone like Connolly loads on this board would have slated him! I do not trust him and unless we bring in 2 proper centre halves, then this is going to be a real struggle of a season.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Have to agree with pretty much all of that, very worried.

Comment

i agree with a lot of that. worrying thing is when bosingwa comes in we are going to have two full backs who are decent going forward but cant defend. we need to play 2 holding midfielders if this is going to work so they can cover the full backs when bombing on.

swap nelsen in for hill and its not the greatest defence but we'll be ok. 6 shots on target and scored 5, how often does that happen? was actually an even game

Comment

Good summary mate & pretty spot on.

One thing I will say though which is a positive is that the team would of learned a great deal today & I expect a massive improvement next week.

Yes it hurt but its only 3 points. Let's go get em next week

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post

6. Lack of leadership today was massive. I am sure Park will be a good player for us, but when we were 2 and 3 down today I looked at him closely and not once was he barking out orders to his team to f**king gee them up to get themselves sorted. It was a shambles at times and we looked woeful.

Barton!!!! Think there are two places left in the 25 he is our leader like him or loath him he has something to offer. 1 game down 11 to go

Agree with everything mate plus our set pieces are appalling and have been for years. It needs sorting not one of ours missed their first defender where as two of theres hit the bar and the third was cleared off the line by Green

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
            i agree with a lot of that. worrying thing is when bosingwa comes in we are going to have two full backs who are decent going forward but cant defend. we need to play 2 holding midfielders if this is going to work so they can cover the full backs when bombing on.

swap nelsen in for hill and its not the greatest defence but we'll be ok. 6 shots on target and scored 5, how often does that happen? was actually an even game
            Id say the opposite is true about Bosingwa, never been impressed with his attacking play but he has done some very good jobs defensively for Chelsea especially against Barcelona. One might argue that he should even start at CB which he has done on occasion for Chelsea.

Comment

Other than that though, it was ok really.

Comment

Startin xi for Norwich:

-----------Green--------
                Boswinga-Ferdi-Hill-Fabio
                Mackie-Diakite-Park-Hoilett
                -------Cisse-Taarabt---

Play 2 strikers with Tarbs with Cisse... Not Tarbs behind Cisse. That clearly didn't work.
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

If traore is fit i would like to see him playing

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                    Startin xi for Norwich:

-----------Green--------
                    -------Cisse-Taarabt---

Play 2 strikers with Tarbs with Cisse... Not Tarbs behind Cisse. That clearly didn't work.
                    But which of the front 2 is gonna hold the ball up? Nelson had gotta get a run out next week, changing only 1 of the back 4 and I think we'll be looking at much of the same!

Certified CB is badly needed, all of this FB but can do an alright job just isn't good enough to be honest.

Comment

I would put swap Green for a traffic cone, Hill for Nelsen, Mackie for SWP

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                        I would put swap Green for a traffic cone, Hill for Nelsen, Mackie for SWP
                        agree

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                          Startin xi for Norwich:

-----------Green--------
                          -------Cisse-Taarabt---

Are you sure? Did you watch the game yesterday?

Hill did really well for us at the end of last season but he was woeful yesterday, we desperately need a change at the back and I would bring in Nelson if there are no other options by next Saturday. We also need to have a look at the formation and what we're doing up top, Cisse was completely inefective up front on his own and sticking Taarabt next to him isn't the answer. I would bring Zamora back in and go 4-4-2 personally. I would also drop one of Hoilett, Mackie or Taarabt, accomodating all 3 of them into our starting line-up yesterday really didn't help matters. We could also really do with Faurlin coming back to fitness, I think a midfield of Park, Faurlin, Diakite and Hoilett would be much more solid for us.
                          Last edited by Tarbie; 19-08-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

The defence received no protection from the midfield and had pacy swans forwards just running right at them, not sure even if we had Samba, and Vidic in centre of defence would have done much better for us yesterday

Comment

Next week I'd go 4-2-3-1 if all are fit.

Green

Bosingwa Nelsen Hill Traore

Diakite Park

SWP Taarabt Hoilett

Cisse or Zamora

I don't believe collectively we'll play as bad as that again, at least I hope not.

Hughes has GOT to go all out for a CB, LB cover, CM, CF in the next fortnight.
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                              X