Wages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wages

Of course I am feeling happy and cheery as everyone with the squad we somehow have now. But I was just thinking about the whole we've only spent 1.5 mill, which i believe to be true. However obviously from our championship days our wage bill has dramatically increased probably way over double. My question is how can we afford to pay for those and why are we one of few who can afford the wages? Obviously we get a whole load of dosh from the prem tv rights but is that it? Do other tighter clubs *cough* norwich take them tv rights money and basically keep it in their back pocket?? whereas we use it to bolster our squad with better players??

Astute business men always balance the books. As fans we get a little nervous about things like figures but I'm sure we aren't doing a Pompey

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_W12 View Post
      Of course I am feeling happy and cheery as everyone with the squad we somehow have now. But I was just thinking about the whole we've only spent 1.5 mill, which i believe to be true. However obviously from our championship days our wage bill has dramatically increased probably way over double. My question is how can we afford to pay for those and why are we one of few who can afford the wages? Obviously we get a whole load of dosh from the prem tv rights but is that it? Do other tighter clubs *cough* norwich take them tv rights money and basically keep it in their back pocket?? whereas we use it to bolster our squad with better players??
      We are most likely not covering it and the owners are paying it to be fair.

Comment

owners are clearly subsiding it massively. barton's contract was reputedly worth 11-15m. even if that's on the higher end we've handed out eight of these this summer and that followed - what? - half a dozen in January and several players last summer. BUT unlike Pompey owners they have major assets (at least the Mittels do). Man City's signings were hardly paid for by gate receipts/ tv revenue either.

Comment

Heidar,vine,hall,perone,aggy,kenny,cook,Ramage,buz z,shittu,borrowdale all gone at let's say an average of 15k is a major saving!!

Comment

25 players on an average of £40,000 a week is £52m. I think we're in budget. £40m odd from tv rights, then there's gate money, sponsorship and merchandise. we're ok.

Comment

IF we get relegated we're fooked...will be like Pompey. But this should not happen anyway.
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

The wages argument is simple IMO...we pay out what comes in as minimum from Sky for a few years until we are established

Didn't forget all PL teams get an extra £14 million this season

The risk is not staying up, hence the reason why we are signing players to stay up

How do we mitigate?

Relegation wage clauses, minimum of 2 year contracts for over 30's and signing assets like Diakate and Hoilett

Barton for what it was worth was a ****ing Warnock signing!

Comment

Its mainly about the Sky TV money in the prem, doesn't make a big difference if your capacity is 15k or 35k. The higher up the league we go, the bigger the sky payout

Comment

Working...
                  X