Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carroll to Hammers

Season long loan deal apparently....
    2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Paying £2mil for the privilege with an option to buy for for a further £17mill at end season I believe.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Paying £2mil for the privilege with an option to buy for for a further £17mill at end season I believe.
      Is it an option though?

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
        Is it an option though?
        Not too sure tbh mate, I heard it was but its purely hear'say through the grape vine.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Not too sure tbh mate, I heard it was but its purely hear'say through the grape vine.
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19056545

Sounds like it would be perm to me

£ 2 million is a bargin if they could back heel him at the end of the season

This is a sort of transfer that makes me laugh when supporters of other clubs call us big spending

I doubt Hughes has even spent £17 million on transfers since he has been here

Comment

Well, as the old "ball-to-feet" style is about as much use to a player like Andy Carroll, as having only one leg in an ####-kicking contest, I think we can safely say we will all have sore necks watching West Ham.

Comment

Some clubs just don't learn. When they get relegated, "fire sales", "close to administration"....but it's everyone else's fault. They'll also still want the taxpayer to fund any move to a new stadium. At least we look like we are sorting out our own destiny.

Comment

Big Sam wanting a lump up front to hit long balls to.... surely not... he keeps saying he doesn't play that foortball!

He's said he doesn't want to go there, anyway, but this sums up what a farce West Ham are.... He's an average striker at best, was bought by Liverpool for vasty inflated money, had a shocking season, and is suddenly, in the eyes of a promoted team worth £2m for a season, and then £17m after.... Ridiculous money.

Tpo put into perspective, they want to pay £2m for a season loan.... didn't we only pay £4m for Cisse who will score more any day of the week.

Comment

They spend £2 million loan fee, pay his 80k per week wages and then if they stay up they buy him for £17 million.

A few of our lads are nearing 80k so we can't really laugh at that.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
                    They spend £2 million loan fee, pay his 80k per week wages and then if they stay up they buy him for £17 million.

I don't think people are laughing at the wages, so much as the potential £19m spend one one average player.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post

This is what I was wondering. When they talk about a 2 million loan fee is that 2m plus the players full wages?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        This is what I was wondering. When they talk about a 2 million loan fee is that 2m plus the players full wages?
                        Yes

Comment

Working...
                        X