Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well that was a bit of a letdown wasnt it today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that was a bit of a letdown wasnt it today?

As much as I am pleased to welcome Park to QPR and I think he will be a major asset both on and off the pitch I cannot help feeling that as a Premier Club back for a second season at the highest level we should be signing these kind of players as a matter of course

I know we are light years away from where we were 2-3 years ago and especially 8-9 years ago but come on was all that major annoucement on Monday really worth publicising when just about every QPR fan and his dog knew it was a done deal?

its like your first time you play with a bird,you end up with wrist ache and a smelly finger and wonder what its all about
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

The whole thing was blown out of all proportions on this board,it was never going to be anything other than what we already knew,park had signed

Comment

To be fair I think the press conference was more for putting Park's face with QPR around the world. No better way then doing that by letting the media come along to take photo's/ask questions/& film.

For me it wasn't a let down, the expectation of more was only because of optimistic thinking which isn't a bad thing
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Only a let down if you let yourself get carried awy with rumours IMO.

Should Park not have been let out last week (ie if social networking wasn't around!") and todays announcement had been out of the blue, IMO, it would have been treated as very big news. The man's the Asian David Beckham and will be worth multi millions to us, not to mention he is a quality player that has featured in many many huge games for Utd over the years, with 4 PL medals and a CL medal to his name

Its only beacuse it got leaked abit early and people began adding to it with their own rumours and some people seemed to get carried away with it all. For me, personally, Im well chuffed with today. Plus we know we have stadium news to come in the near future too. Great time to be an R.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

A suitable analogy might be opening your pressies a week before Christmas and then being
            disappointed that there's nothing to open on the day.

Comment

Or going in Godfreys after Facto and Matty have been in,facto cleaned up the goss,Matty the shop

Comment

Leighsie you needed to brush up on your technique and choice of hygienic birds.

Comment

i was 34 ffs first time n all

Comment

well i for one am toodle pip over the signing of the korean crackerjack.............when i think ive parted with season ticket wedge upfront to watch the likes of matthew rose/tony scully and george kulscar im almost creaming me pants!
                    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

As i said in the thread i started above,What was MAJOR about todays news ???

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                        i was in canning town working n its still a right shitehole!
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

We will finish over foolham next season and wet spam well.....

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                            As much as I am pleased to welcome Park to QPR and I think he will be a major asset both on and off the pitch I cannot help feeling that as a Premier Club back for a second season at the highest level we should be signing these kind of players as a matter of course

I know we are light years away from where we were 2-3 years ago and especially 8-9 years ago but come on was all that major annoucement on Monday really worth publicising when just about every QPR fan and his dog knew it was a done deal?
                            said the same as mate,...just too much hype imo but i'll forgive Tony that he does enjoy a pc and would rather his way than the gruesome twosome's way!

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                              Nothing really if truth be known

Comment

Working...
                              X