Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been more excited supporting Queens Park Rangers F.C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been more excited supporting Queens Park Rangers F.C?

It's a genuine question because some of the, not older fans but the fans with a few more years behind them seem to really love the older QPR with Bowles, Marsh, Ferdiand, Ray Wilkins etc etc

Rumours of Hoilett signing on Monday & no one has been negative or ruled out the possibility of him signing dispite him being linked with Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham & Borussia Monchengladbach (Who are also in the Champions League)

But for me i've never been more excited supporting QPR what with a new training ground, a new ground (with rumours of 35k in White City with a retractable roof!! It also makes sense as Beard was saying the ground should hold other events & a roof really would be an attraction for that reason, i'd love to see a big boxing match held at our ground too) also some amazing players we have at the club such as the new Patrick Vieira or Yaya Toure in Samba Diakite, Champions League winning Cisse & Ji Sung Park. The massive potential in Adel Taarabt, not to name a few others in this fantastic squad

Great owners & great people with us in Fernandes, Amit, Mike Rigg, Phillip Beard. Even the media boys on twitter are a great bunch

The QPR logo is on Tony Fernandes' Caterham F1 cars & we have a QPR plane for our Tour in Asia which is now going to be massive as Park Ji Sung is as big as David Backham in his prime in Asia!

I really could go on with many more exciting things at QPR but you get the idea, & all of this happening in under 1 year! If Carsberg did owners! We really are the luckiest fans in the world & i've said it many a time, but Fernandes really is a god send for our lil football club, without him i'm 100% sure we would never ever have been a force in the English game, let alone maybe in Europe one day if all goes to plan

The question is have you ever been more excited supporting Queens Park Rangers F.C?
    Yes, i've never been more excited with the potential at QPR
    81.97%
    No, i'm staying clam now OR No, i've seen better days at QPR
    18.03%
    Last edited by qpr; 07-07-2012, 11:09 AM.
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Wasnt really around in the mid-seventies but for me it is right up there in excitement to when Venners began the second qpr revolution and brought in a new team, got the plastic pitch, did up the ground, took us to the cup final and near the top of the old first division playing some of the best, most organised football seen in Britain. But whereas Chairman Jim always had a limit on what he cd put into the club and where he cd take it, now there dont particularly seem to be any limits. As you say, v v exciting.

Comment

Ive been a supporter since the late seventies and i cant remember anything like this, never have qpr been able to really compete with the big boys both on or off the pitch, never have they had such powerful owners, so yes its quite exciting.

Comment

I personally have never known transfer activity like we have had in the last 3 windows so that is exciting, the 76 team will always be the boys to live up to imo, but this assembly of players we are putting together could match them or even better them (winning a cup) not winning the prem.........yet!
        As for everything else going on Training ground, Stadium, worldwide exposure, Academy etc for me this is the most exciting time yes.

Comment

The older guys among us will remember the things that made this a great little club. Our history and traditions will never be forgotten, but it's time to move up a gear and into 21st century global sports. Like it or not, sports teams have gone global. Look at the likes of Man Utd and Real Madrid. They bag a lot of money through overseas business.

For me, this is a whole new chapter in the history of our club. We've almost gone bust on a number of occasions, lost our best players, suffered relegations, and I don't want to go through all that ever again. This is an opportunity to put our club on the map, attract new supporters, and build a viable future for our club. I'm a 47 year old bloke and I'm behaving like a kid at Christmas
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            I personally have never known transfer activity like we have had in the last 3 windows so that is exciting, the 76 team will always be the boys to live up to imo, but this assembly of players we are putting together could match them or even better them (winning a cup) not winning the prem.........yet!
            As for everything else going on Training ground, Stadium, worldwide exposure, Academy etc for me this is the most exciting time yes.
            I forgot to mention them two so it proves how much is going on!
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Also got to thank TF for reinvigorating Amit's interest in the club again.

Comment

not since as a 11 year ol, waiting for the ol man to come home to take us to wembley in 1967, urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

been going since 74..this is the best time to be a rangers fan imo...

Comment

I think it is an exciting time, but really do not want to comment until we have achieved results and perhaps a cup or two.

Comment

Like Lymehoop...went in 67. Always have and prob always will be exited with QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                        I think it is an exciting time, but really do not want to comment until we have achieved results and perhaps a cup or two.
                        not asking for much then...

Comment

gonna stay clam i think.

Comment

Never known anything quite like this at the Rangers.
                            Great time to be a QPR fan.

Comment

Hang on, my answer to the poll question is no, but I need to select yes in the options?

That is correct, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X