Wasps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasps

Just been taken over. Time to invite them back to LR and begin the plans Phil Beard has talked about us becoming a multi-sports venue?
    Last edited by QPR Richard; 29-06-2012, 12:57 PM.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
    Just been taken over. Time to invite them back to LR and begin the plans Phil Beard has talked about as becoming a multi-sports venue?
    Agreed, they should have been part of the consortium that took them over.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

NO NO NO !!! Cant share with a rugby club, the pitch will be terrible come January the cut it up playing that rough and tumble sport, let them share with Fulham..

Comment

If we are seroius about finishing as high as possible then this could have a negative impact as it will:
        • Ruin the Pitch
        • Effect any rescheduling off postponed games
        • Stop us training on it in bad weather if needed

Which could effect our form

NO No from me, we need to use this for other entertainment which protects the team.

Bruce
        One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post
          If we are seroius about finishing as high as possible then this could have a negative impact as it will:
          • Ruin the Pitch
          • Effect any rescheduling off postponed games
          • Stop us training on it in bad weather if needed

Which could effect our form

NO No from me, we need to use this for other entertainment which protects the team.

Bruce
          Yep, all all for stadiums being financially versatile , concerts, boxing, even a ground share with a football club, but Rugby? No way..

Comment

Tricky one. One one hand we need to protect our pitch, on the other hand we need to increase revenue.

Comment

Theres no way wasps would move back, they have built themselves a better fan base where they are now

Comment

Tricky one. One one hand we need to protect our pitch, on the other hand we need to increase revenue.
                Yep agreed, let's hope by the time a new stadium is built advances in grass technology have advanced enough to have a playing surface installed to cater for both.
                Kept the faith!

Comment

No from me too.

I thought the multi sports venue was referring to any new stadium and not Loftus Road.

QPR need to build a new stadium and can include other money raising facilities rather than sharing with a Rugby club. And if QPR want it to include other sports, how about building a complex next to it, for sports like Snooker, Darts, Boxing.

As for Loftus Road, the pitch needs protecting otherwise it will cut up and QPR will not be able to play any decent football on it.

Comment

Not Rugby though, aren't Wasps attendances dismal as well?
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I spoke to a couple of wasps fans earlier in the year and they said they would prefer to play in London. They reckoned it was good for them to play at LR.

As to them returning and the damage to our pitch, the stadium is currently being used 19 times for EPL matches plus a couple of cup games. Even if you factored in a dozen or so other events, the stadium is empty for 330 days a year. That's 330 days when the stadium isn't earning a penny.

Comment

It's probably only them two that turn up.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I spoke to a couple of wasps fans earlier in the year and they said they would prefer to play in London. They reckoned it was good for them to play at LR.

As to them returning and the damage to our pitch, the stadium is currently being used 19 times for EPL matches plus a couple of cup games. Even if you factored in a dozen or so other events, the stadium is empty for 330 days a year. That's 330 days when the stadium isn't earning a penny.
                          Well put sir!
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

like an albatross round our necks, bloody jinx that lot, don't want them anywhere near us again

Comment

True the stadium is not used on these days, but it's primary use is to play football on it, and good football cannot be played on a bad pitch. Playing rugby games on it would damage the playing surface which could have a disatrous effect on QPR's performances.

QPR does not need Wasps RUFC back.

Apart from the pitch issues, it would also bring back bad memories of the Chris Wright era that nearly saw the end of QPR as a football club.

Comment

Working...
                              X