X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR want ambitious Diarra deal

Picked this up from a message board

QPR want ambitious Diarra deal

Lassana Diarra is an ambitious want for Queens Park Rangers.

Having secured their Premier League status on the final day of last season, Mark Hughes promised fans that Rangers would never again experience such struggles.

This may appear to be a bold boast, but the Welsh coach plans big changes in his squad and has already signed the Rob Green, Andy Johnson and Ryan Nelsen.

These three have arrived at Loftus Road on free transfers, but Hughes does has cash to spend and he intends to make quite the splash in luring Diarra.

The former Arsenal, Chelsea and Portsmouth midfielder is out of favour at Real Madrid, but QPR would have to find around £8million for the 27-year-old.

Diarra is in the final 12 months of his contract at the Bernabeu, and after making just 17 league appearances last season, is expected to move on in the coming weeks
    Kept the faith!

Jesus christ "ambitious" is an understatement here!

Top top player, seriously could not see him coming to us but boy oh boy what a signing he woukd be if we somehow pulled that off!
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

What position does he play?

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
        What position does he play?
        CDM/CM

Comment

Would be a huge signing, Diarra, Diakate and Faurlin in a midield 3, bye bye joey! Would be the best midfield 3 outside the big 4 by a mile

Comment

I dont see how he would fit in if we signed Diakite and Faurlins back?

Comment

Surely, though, if he was to leave Real this year, a few of the big boys from around Europe (including other PL sides) would be after him?

Comment

Are you saying we should have only 2 good players for 2 positions?

Comment

Midfield 5 of:

Diarra Faurlin
                  Adel Diakite Traore

Tbh I'm taking this 1 with a huge pinch of salt though, seems abit too big a player for us, even with our new found ambition.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    Are you saying we should have only 2 good players for 2 positions?
                    Nah but Im like a little geek here at work and I often draw out my preferred staring 11 and I love Faurlin and Diakite so cant bear to leave them out but obviously if we got a player of this calibre in then it means I have to tinker with formations to fit him in.

Comment

Diarra Faurlin
                      Adel Diakite Traore
                      Cisse

That midfield would d*ck over most.

Comment

Nah but Im like a little geek here at work and I often draw out my preferred staring 11 and I love Faurlin and Diakite so cant bear to leave them out but obviously if we got a player of this calibre in then it means I have to tinker with formations to fit him in.
                        Many seem to forget it will take Faurlin quiet a while to get match fit,could be it takes much longer than expected,I would love this guy,would be a massive massive signing

Comment

Diarra Faurlin
                          Adel Diakite Traore
                          Cisse

That midfield would d*ck over most.
                          Tell ya what if we added a quality CB to the ranks (plus presuming Fabio's in) then we have potentially got a cracking little side for next year. Cant wait to get going again!

Comment

158 appearances for Chelsea, Arsenal and Real Madrid. Obviously has something about him.
                            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Jesus christ "ambitious" is an understatement here!

Top top player, seriously could not see him coming to us but boy oh boy what a signing he woukd be if we somehow pulled that off!
                              Wow, wow and more wow. That would be something else. Really rate him.

Comment

Working...
                              X