Should we teach players to play football first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we teach players to play football first

There was a post about 2 weeks ago about kids being tought to win or how to play first
    Well the Italians gave us the answer to that didn't they?, teaching kids to win befor they are tought to to play football is what creats teams like England teams that will run and fight but players in those teams that cant hold the ball
    Kids must be tought how to play and how to control and use the ball befor they do anything else whats the use of sending kids out to win games if the cant play or control a ball ,
    Ajax
    Barcelona
    Madrid
    French clubs
    Italian clubs
    All spend the earley years in kids and youth developement in first teaching them how to play and that thats the reason we are losers becouse we dont teach how to play first

sure did

Comment

In order....
      Technic
      pace
      power
      Not....
      Pace
      power
      Technic

Comment

Learning to read, write and count to ten might prove useful as well.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
          Learning to read, write and count to ten might prove useful as well.
          So very true, we seem to constantly produce a stream of illiterate footballers, no other sport in this country produces this calibre of sport stars. The whole thing has to be ripped apart or we will continue to be the laughing stock of international football.
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Gone are the days of players getting an education for life after footie,as they earn ridiculous salaries now!
            I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Of course we should teach kids how to play football first, do that and the winning will take care of itself...it is a no brainer. Unfortunately some of the people coaching at youth level are old school and un-qualified, and want to win games for personal satisfaction, rather than player development!

Comment

I'd like to know that kids... and adult players were practicising short passing sessions with 2 against 4, 3 against 4 etc on a small pitch i.e. one half of a 5-a-side pitch or smaller. This will improve their 1st touch, movement and passing etc. No goals required as it isn't about winning in training.

I would also like to see more games like Footsal being played, a similar to five a side, but you can hit the ball over head height.

We drastically need to rethink our game here in England if we want to compete successfully at International level. At this rate it wont be long before England don't even qualify for the Finals anymore. The truth is most countries now play a possession game and will soon learn to take their chances to score goals more frequently. And when that happens England will be left trainling behind the likes of Poland, Ukraine, Turkey, Romania, Slokakia, Serbia etc.

Comment

Scrap 4-4-2 as well?

Comment

Working...
                  X