Taraabt's Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So do I, and even possibly Helguson
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      Sam-qpr, do you play a striker on a game by game basis? If he doesn't score, then let them go.

Sounds to me, thats what you are advocating
      lets face it taarabt is a very good player. and we wouldn't be sending a striker back we would be sending a midfielder back. i said if it meant getting i striker i would send him back. there are too many midfielders in our team. as you have already said there is alot of creativity in midfield. but there is nothing up front.

our supporters and the media both see this.

do you really want to go up or are you happy being a mid table championship team?

Comment

i cant see why so many people are moaning about helguson.ok he didnt score but he got in some great positions as usual and but for some great defending would have scored saturday.i feel however that balanta might have to give way for a while.

Comment

I can see Jim playing tarrbt left wing or he will use him as a sub but an impact striker.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

So do I, and even possibly Helguson
            the same Helguson that was given game after game last season and missed sitter after sitter? Cmon he's had more than enough chances and excuses. He is not good enough and the board ****ed up not replacing him, dont matter how much spin Pete trys to put on it they should have got a striker in way before now and we will drop points because of their mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by askewboy View Post
              i cant see why so many people are moaning about helguson.ok he didnt score but he got in some great positions as usual and but for some great defending would have scored saturday.i feel however that balanta might have to give way for a while.

positions dont win games m8, goals do and HH dont score many.

Comment

Okay, lets send him back..

We have Hogan, Buzz, Rowlands, Faurlin, Mahon, Leighterwood, Alberti, Routledge, Cook no room for Tarrabt in midfield as far as I can see.

Askewboy, don't disagree with you there.
                Are you drunk?

So...out of all those midfielders you don't think Taarabt is good enough?

He's better than Cook...FACT
                He's better than Hogan...FACT
                He's better than Alberti...FACT

Rowlands, Mahon, Legs and Faurlin are exempt as they are completely different players, but the only one in that midfield to give Taarabt a run for his money is Buzz. So, it's ok for you to write him off as a midfielder (his real position) but wrong for us to be sceptical about him as a striker (your prefered position for him)

As I say...I'm NOT AT ALL writing him off as a striker, just stating a fact that he's not really a striker, therefore we should be looking for an out and out striker. Even 'IF' Taarabt does score 15, that'll only replace Dexters contribution, therefore we still need another goal scorer. The fact that we can't guarentee he'll even net over 10 makes it even more worrying.

Now, Taarabt missed a fair few chances last season and one that was actually harder to miss than score at home to Sheff Utd (I think it was them) so he's not done much to prove it there.

The fact that you deny we need a striker whilst contradicting yourself and saying out strike force is not that good is annoying.
                Your mum would love me...

Comment

Sorry, based on what?
                  Based on the fact every shot he had for us was weak. Based on the sitters he missed last season.

So, apart from scoring in reserve team games (just like Scott Sinclair, Ben Sahar etc.,) on what do you base your opinion the he IS a natural scorer?
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Well, I'm not writing tarrabt off after one game. He scored a cracker against Southampton, he himself predicts he will score 15, I have faith in our players.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

i feel like banging my head against the wall

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        positions dont win games m8, goals do and HH dont score many.
                        yeah i know that mate but you cant score score if you dont try,and hh certainly tries.his career record is pretty good.which other player had any chances? only vine and he fluffed it.

Comment

It might work-remember when Ollie put Santos upfront??Maybe we could try Cerny upfront-he's got the height.

Comment

Working...
                          X