LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
      Define youth in the PL because it ain't 18/19 more like 21-24
      well it aint 30-35 is it me old mucker!
      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by Deadend_Friend View Post
        He's scored 6 goals in his last 3 Premier League seasons. Thats an awful record, awful signing. DJ, HH, Zamora, Cisse and Mackie are all better. Poor signing
        I'm afraid I agree with you Deadend.Whilst,as the OP said at the beginning of this thread,AJ has averaged one goal every three games during his career,he only scored 13 in 86 (one every 6.6 games) for Fulham.That's worse than Zamora's record at Fulham of 20 in 91 and he (Zamora) has only scored 2 in 14 for us.Both players are 31 and I can't help thinking that we've taken Fulham's cast-offs,even though they were acknowledged as being grafters by the Fulham supporters. The highlight of AJ's career was his hat-trick against us last season,but regretfully he appears to spend most of his time on the bench or worse still,in the treatment room.I really hope they both prove me wrong next season as,like all of us,I just want the R's to do well,but as far as these two are concerned,I won't be holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
          Question is now which strikers will leave. DJ and Betty for me with one more to striker to join.
          first to go will be hulse that will free up on a squad place

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            With Andy Johnson comes a career scoring ratio of a goal every 3 games. That is a very good return.

People are expecting the best in the world but we are a work in progress plus we only generate cash from 18,000 gates so must remain realistic.

Front pair are likely to be Cisse & Zamora so having someone like AJ come off the bench fills me with a lot more hope than Betty or even Helguson now bless him at his age

Get behind him & I reckon we'll have a decent player on our books.

And for FREE.

Really?

Think you need to recheck those stats mate...?

More like 3 a season if i remember correctly....? Just a thought !

Comment

Made me laugh how they touted that "one in three games" statistic on the official.

Comment

Originally posted by qprbrisbanedivision View Post
                Really?

Nope, Ric is correct. AJ has scored 147 goals in 443 career games, 1 in 3 strike rate.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

You know when a player is more "mature" when they want to be referred to by their full name.

I don't want to see any mention of Andy Johnson but rather the more sophisticated Andrew Johnson. I can remember when Andy Cole changed to Andrew Cole.

As to his acquisition I think only good, next year we must survive and he is the type of player that can consolidate our position in the premiership, I saw somewhere that due to the new tv rights the bottom placed team in the 2013/14 will get £60m which is the same that man city received for winning the season.

In light of the money involved, I reckon it's another season for us for trying to grind out survival, so MH will go for trusted rather than untried.
                  Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 19-06-2012, 08:18 AM. Reason: Grammer

Comment

Originally posted by qprbrisbanedivision View Post
                    Really?

Yep I've checked & its 1 in 3.

Maybe you wanna have a look for yourself Bruce.

Just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      Yep I've checked & its 1 in 3.

Maybe you wanna have a look for yourself Bruce.

Just a thought!
                      Sorry, i thought we were talking Premiership goals...?

And for the record i think its a good signing for many other diffrent resons, but goal ratio in the Premiership (esp over the last 3 years) is not the best to say the least...

Why dont you check that mate?!

Comment

FYI - from another board....big diffrence i think?

Last season -

The figures for PL for AJ (as we arent in europe) and not against us as we obviously dont play ourselves.

0 goals in 19 apps. (actually 3 but all against us!)
                        3 in 27 before that
                        0 in 8 before that.

Like i said, i still think he's a good freebie, but not for his goals..!

Comment

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail...817456,00.html

Hughes added: "AJ is a great character and has vast Premier League experience.

"That was perhaps something that was lacking in certain games, especially away from home last season, so it's something we needed to address.

"There are a lot of reasons why I've bought him in and they'll be there for everyone to see this season."

Comment

Ric with your superb strike rate on transfer so far this summer - whats next ?

Comment

We need like for like replacements in all departments and agree that AJ is a good stand by for all our strikers.

Comment

Working...
                              X