Ipswich Fans on Delaneys first competative game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipswich Fans on Delaneys first competative game

Picked this thread up on the TractorBoys.Com you have to be a registered user to view the site though so I have copied some of the more comical posts!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The worst defender ever seen?

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a supporter of the team? Bit out of order to question my support of the club

I don't go to every home game and many away games to not support the team.

I'm just commenting that Delaney had a poor game against Colchester, and today, adding to that the QPR fans were rather happy when he was shipped out of Loftus Rd.

Ben Thatcher wasn't too great last season... but I'll happily have him playing at LB rather than Delaney.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It's only one game, but he does look worrying. His positional sense is almost non-existent, he was constantly caught out of position. He is VERY slow too, and his touch and distribution are not too clever. His performance today was very much in line with what the QPR fans said about him, and they have seen him play a lot more than we have. It's a concern, especially given our lack of pace at the back in general and how fragile the rest of the backline looked at times.

---------------------------------------------------

Delaney gets ball into box a lot, which is good but not too happy with him at moment. Would def play Wright at RB but don't think RK will bring in another LB. Will have to see how it all works out in next few weeks.

--------------------------------------------------

Funny thing is we know these guys aren't wrong, and it won't be long before Delaney wears down even the most patient of Ipswich fans :bad_smile:

It's a long long ride.

Comment

He's from Cork.

He plays.
      End of.

Comment

i could do with a long ride all my journeys are very short these days:cry:
        what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

I didn't see the whole game but he looked ok to me. Made a couple of goal saving challenges. I don't rate him but think that's a harsh assesment from what I saw.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

The only thing is it took us more than one game to realise he is s**t

Another great signing by Roy Keane.

Comment

welcome to the world of delaney

Comment

I love it! Brings a huge smile to my face knowing delaney is getting stick already! He's soooooo bad and glad we got rid! Borrowdale looked 10 times the player delaney was today
                "The New Era"

Been there, done that, got the Ledesma t-shirt!

Comment

From 606 (Won't let me be post the link)

Delaney
                  Championship Ipswich Town
                  by Walters_Is_God (U13366780) 09 August 2009

Just got back from Coventry, good game shame about the officials.

Did i miss something? was Delaney signed on April 1st or just as some kind of joke.

Is it only me that thinks he sticks out like a sore thumb with a serious lack of pace and quality. I realise he hasnt had much time to 'gel' with the players and get used to our style of play but at the moment he looks awful.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Up the superblues. Walters is still quality!!

comment on this article | alert a moderator | send to a friend
                  Latest comments

Read members' comments or add your own
                  comment by The-Remains-Of-Keanes-Beard(PreviouslyOwenGarvensTractor) (U13838612)
                  posted 50 Minutes Ago

thank god some 1 else has noticed, i reckon about 80% of the times he had the ball he gave it away or put it out of play, hes shocking and i would prefer to have D.Wright at lb if not thatcher !

add comment | complain about this comment

comment by JAKEITFC4EVER (U13965942)
                  posted 50 Minutes Ago

He was so bad today it was unreal he just didn't want to go forward and for a bloke of his height he isn't good in the air

comment by shakyfatboy1 (U11190267)
                  posted 45 Minutes Ago

Absolute useless. Can't defend, can't head the ball and can't pass. Not a great start is it! Bring back Graham Harbey....all is forgiven!!!!

comment by Walters_Is_God (U13366780)
                  posted 44 Minutes Ago

Was at Fabs testimonial and he was shocking then as well. Oh well he can only get better....i hope.

comment by Frase1987 (U13951029)
                  posted 40 Minutes Ago

I was hopeful because he looks fairly tough, but yeah he is poor.

Oh well wait till Saturday, if we're saying the same thing after that I don't think much will change.

comment by Hoppersblue10 (U13238133)
                  posted 34 Minutes Ago

graham harbey...you must be joking I still have nightmares of a cold midweek at Villa when he was allegedly marking Tony Daly...

comment by shakyfatboy1 (U11190267)
                  posted 10 Minutes Ago

Hopper, was only joking about Harbey, but Delaney is on par with him I think!!!!!

I THOUGHT WE WERE HARSH, ONE GAME THE MAN HAS PLAYED
                  Last edited by W12_Ranger; 09-08-2009, 08:31 PM.

Comment

ha ha! Wow I do not remember him getting that kind of stick after one game at QPR! At least he had 18 months with us!

Comment

i still think

i still think he could be a good center half,hes just not a full back

Comment

Seems like hes getting cained already, hes not as bad as some of those posts would suggest but hes a very average player at this level.

Comment

he

he must be tried out at center half or midfield its not fair to judge him at that left back position

Comment

Quality

Comment

Working...
                            X