Hughes will have final say on Barton fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes will have final say on Barton fate

MARK HUGHES holds the key to whether Joey Barton is booted out of QPR – and possibly England – without a penny.

More...

"Under current legislation, Barton, 29, who joined the club on a free transfer from Newcastle last August, is unlikely to be able to claim any compensation if dismissed – or anything else for that matter.

As it stands, the law affords him no legal rights to sue QPR for unfair dismissal because he hasn’t been employed by the club for 12 months. New rules have also increased that qualifying period to two years.

All this means that Barton, who signed a lucrative contract believed to be worth about £11million, would face a massive legal fight to find some technical loophole to salvage anything – if QPR decide to fire him."

- Interesting. I didn't know about this 12 month rule. Well that certainly puts a different angle on things. Player-power shifting back towards club-power in this scenario it appears.

Comment

If this is the case; I guess it´s "cherio" time. Wouldnt blame poor Hughes if he sacks him to be honest.
      A bit sad on behalf of our Joey though. But he´s had his chances to behave...
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        If this is the case; I guess it´s "cherio" time. Wouldnt blame poor Hughes if he sacks him to be honest.
        A bit sad on behalf of our Joey though. But he´s had his chances to behave...
        yeah cant see mark putting up with him anymore,
        QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          A bit sad on behalf of our Joey though.
          I'm sure either Upton Park or Qatar could make him feel welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
            I'm sure either Upton Park or Qatar could make him feel welcome

Who knows?

But I´m tired of him now. Having him in the squad will not attract top signings, I feel.

And according to his twits, he clearly doesn´t realize that he has bad habits to deal with.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

These are the laws for "normal" workers. It appears that football contracts are not the same.

Comment

I don't know tbh, IMO I think we should keep him, on his day he is a great player, I watched him playing against Stoke & Spurs and he was man of the match for me.

We do lack Premiership midfield players in this side, I think we should keep him.

Comment

I would keep him if he agrees to take no money for the 12 games..
                  http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                    These are the laws for "normal" workers. It appears that football contracts are not the same.

Are you sure?

I should believe that he can be kicked out of the club due to gross misconduct according to contract. According to the law he has shamed the club publically as well. (in disrespute(?))

Just my take at it though.
                    Last edited by Shania; 27-05-2012, 01:20 PM.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Great news,should be no problem getting rid of him so

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                        I don't know tbh, IMO I think we should keep him, on his day he is a great player, I watched him playing against Stoke & Spurs and he was man of the match for me.

We do lack Premiership midfield players in this side, I think we should keep him.
                        With Ale on his way back and the possible signing of Diakite Barton wouldn;t be good enough to get in the team

Comment

If true, get rid and put the ridiculous wages he's on towards someone more reliable!
                          2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

I'm happy it is to be left to MH to decide .

Comment

Gut instict tells me Hughes will keep him.

Not sure why and may be wrong but can't see him being sacked if its Hughes making the decision. Its not like its his money that's being used on Barton's wages.

Comment

Working...
                              X