Fabio agrees QPR loan deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just say it is a swap for Taiwo.....

Taiwo was very strong and great for us when it was pretty much defend first/back against wall for rest of season. Great.

Now with a new start/perhaps Hughes is looking at a more attacking full back?

I know Huges' team's are always workman like but like I'd like to think that we'll look to keep teams on the back foot more this year.

If so, this kid will help us do that.

Pro's n cons always but just thought.

Comment

I've watched him and he's lightweight, the sort of player that can be targeted and bullied when we play away. Taiwo's a much better player.

Comment

Taiwo was absolute quality once he got settled in and was one of our better players IMO. I hope this isn't an alternative as Taiwo is a much better player. Fabio may have potential but he still has a lot to prove at this level. I hope next season, if Taiwo signs we play him at LB and Traore left wing as that would be a class left side.
        Estamos QPR

Comment

I haven't read anything which suggests we're not signing Taiwo,the person on loft for words got mixed up with Taiwo Atenio at Torquay!
          I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

I would be more concerned that we would be taking a loan player who is depriving us of building a good squad unit. At the end of the season he's gone, and then we have to find another player. Team stability is more important I would have thought..

Comment

I'm happy to let Hughes do what he wants.. He knows more than I do.
              Barton is Innocent ok....

Comment

True

Comment

Think he will just be in addition to Taiwo;we need trength in depth.

Fabio is a good little player, maybe not brilliant by Utd's standrads, but for us he would be a steady little player. Personally, would see him playing 2nd fiddle behind Taiwo at LB with Onouha sticking at RB and Traore going LM.

Onouha isnt a CB, he looked well shakey when he played there this year.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by mat72 View Post
                    I'm happy to let Hughes do what he wants.. He knows more than I do.
                    You wont last long here with that common sense view
                    2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Where has this been confirmed? A poster and a twitter post?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Okay, so Fabio's preffered position is Left Back but he can also play Right Back or on either wing and actually started his career as a Defensive Midfielder. He is also immensely talented and somebody that Ferguson sees as a Man U first teamer for years to come. The only reason he has not progressed as quickly as his brother is that his primary position these days is held by Patrice Evra and he has been very unluckly with injuries.

If he is coming to QPR we are very lucky. My gut instinct is that he will be instead of Taiwo but there is also every chance that Hughes is signing him as somebody who could potentially start in at Right Back or in the Midfield. Anyone who can't see that this guy would be an improvement on Onuha or Young needs their head checked!
                        Thatīs what struck me when I noticed this thread. Interesting.
                        But still, I really hope Taiwo will sign. He is a grafter we need, but maybe Hughes couldnīt garantee him a first team spot?
                        Last edited by Shania; 26-05-2012, 11:30 AM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
                          Where has this been confirmed? A poster and a twitter post?
                          Everyone getting ahead of themselves. It's not even June yet.

Comment

If this is even the case, then why does everyone assume Taiwo will not sign.

Taiwo himself has reported there's a deal if we stay up, and he was desperate to stay up so he could stay. He didnn't want to go froma football giant, back to that run of the mill back alley AC Milan club.

Also bear in mind, MH wants to improve. To do that he needs to add good playuers to what we have, not get rid of them. Also bear in mind TAiwo was a MH player and he was proven to be class and crucial (as were all the defence) in our staying up.... why then would he not want to keep him...?

If this is true about Fabio then i thin kit's shrewd business. I see him as a RB option more than left maybe, but he can play LB, RB, LM, RM, DM. Or he will be so attack minded he could play as a wing back on either side if ever playing that system, or a more attack minded winger.

He is versatility personified and a club like ours is crying out for such players.

Also to add to the conspiracy..... if this is true, could MH be going back in for Henrique and want a fellow Brazilian in the ranks, who may have played with him at some levels, to help him settle.....

Comment

Is Henrique proven on a senior level?

I just wonder? No dig.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger View Post
                                I've watched him and he's lightweight, the sort of player that can be targeted and bullied when we play away. Taiwo's a much better player.

him and his brother would both look very average at best in a non-top team.

Comment

Working...
                                X