Amit: We must be fair to fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amit: We must be fair to fans

Following the announcement this week that Season Ticket prices have been frozen for the 2012/13 campaign, in line with the revised prices from this term, Amit Bhatia has revealed why he felt so passionately about getting the pricing right.

Bhatia momentarily stepped down from his role as Vice-Chairman at the start of the 2011/12 season, citing the original pricing structure as a major reason for his decision, and he told www.qpr.co.uk: "I am very pleased with the prices we have announced.

"Having seen our progression over the last few years I am thrilled that we can reward our fans by keeping prices frozen and allowing them the opportunity to come back and continue supporting their team.

"I am so pleased to have such a supportive partner as Tony (Fernandes) where this is not just my decision but a combined view where we wanted to not raise the prices going into the new season."

With the demand for season tickets escalating owing to the Club's Premier League status, there can be a temptation to raise their cost but the Board were keen to avoid this in order to retain QPR's passionate supporters.

"I can't explain the importance of it," he added. "There are fans who tell me they have been coming for 40 years with their dads, and their granddads.

"They have supported QPR through all the lower levels.

"What's the point in supporting the Club for all these years if then you can't have the joy of watching your side when you are playing in the Premier League?

"That's something that I just don't want to happen to us. We need to always try and be fair to our fans.

"A couple of times this season I heard commentators saying they had never heard a noise in football like they did at Loftus Road.

"And there's a reason.

"It's because we have long-serving, loyal fans that genuinely love this Football Club. It's what makes Loftus Road this fantastic environment. It's what drove us to five home wins in a row at the end of the season and, in my opinion, it is what kept us up.

"It is very important that we are always conscious that our fans are sensitive to prices and so we must always do the best that we can. To try and be fair and reasonable is all that they ask of us."

Current Season Ticket holders have until 5.00pm on Saturday 30th June to renew their seats.

More...

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
    "It is very important that we are always conscious that our fans are sensitive to prices and so we must always do the best that we can. To try and be fair and reasonable is all that they ask of us."
    More...
    Understatement of the year, Amit.

Comment

Fair to Fans-Not if your being kicked out of Lower Loft and over 6ft the club cant offer you any alternative seats.Apart from SA Road where I was told I could sit sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR RUSS View Post
        Fair to Fans-Not if your being kicked out of Lower Loft and over 6ft the club cant offer you any alternative seats.Apart from SA Road where I was told I could sit sideways.
        Some people will never be happy.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Some people will never be happy.
          Being over 6"2 finding a seat that doesnt crush your legs is very tough task.so excuse me that i dont wanna be crippled every game as i have sat in most ares of the ground.Just need a seat with legroom for me and my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR RUSS View Post
            Being over 6"2 finding a seat that doesnt crush your legs is very tough task.so excuse me that i dont wanna be crippled every game as i have sat in most ares of the ground.Just need a seat with legroom for me and my friends.
            Get an isle seat I'm over 6ft2 & sit in SA road !!

Just live with it till we get our new stadia
            Chelsea!! who the **** are Chelsea

Comment

leighsie is so small he can stretch his leg out even if he sits in the restricted views behind the floodlight base!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

If we were talking about working for 8 hours at your desk or sitting a long flight I could see the argument above. Its a 90 minute match where people stand, shout and generally make you stand up and sit down, as most fans do anyway.

There's a bigger reason for the change, just be happy you can afford to go and live withing distance that you can do etc....

Comment

Working...
                X