Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Barton

Ok,

So there are plenty of rumours doing the rounds, most of which are suggesting that Barton will be sacked (if its possible and economical)

However he has been tweeting as usual https://twitter.com/#!/Joey7Barton (A link for those who cant be bothered to find it)

And one or two are interesting, who knows maybe he is staying.

Anyway, my view is KEEP HIM.

1. Hes our C UNT
    2. He is a big player
    3. We just dont add him to the 25 till January and could be like a new signing

Considering he has NDM representing him against the FA that very much says to me the club are keeping him.

Strip him of the captaincy though imo & let him concentrate on playing only.

Oh and 100% ban him from Twitter or at least heavily regulate what he tweets.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
      Ok,

So there are plenty of rumours doing the rounds, most of which are suggesting that Barton will be sacked (if its possible and economical)

However he has been tweeting as usual https://twitter.com/#!/Joey7Barton (A link for those who cant be bothered to find it)

And one or two are interesting, who knows maybe he is staying.

Anyway, my view is KEEP HIM.

1. Hes our C UNT
      2. He is a big player
      3. We just dont add him to the 25 till January and could be like a new signing

Comment

keep him, take captaincy away. and let him focus on football. tell him to keep a lid on his tweets regarding other football teams / pundits.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
          Considering he has NDM representing him against the FA that very much says to me the club are keeping him.

Strip him of the captaincy though imo & let him concentrate on playing only.

Oh and 100% ban him from Twitter or at least heavily regulate what he tweets.
          we won't sack him, selling would be a better option even though we won't get a great price.

I am suprised MH has not controlled the tweets - I think it has to happen, becuase like it or not, when he is QPR captain - he represents the club.

And being a t.wat in public is bad publicity for the club too. I think maybe they can't control his tweets.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

When is the FA hearing ....Anyone know ???

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post
              When is the FA hearing ....Anyone know ???
              I heard tomorrow
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I fear his time is up at QPR. Too much has happened this season and beyond. So I think potentially new signings will question his temper before they sign. That´s a point as well, I think.
                Personally, I like him as a player though, that´s the problem.
                Last edited by Shania; 22-05-2012, 01:01 PM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Was having a gander on the FA website and found this relating to a charge nearly 3 years ago .

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplin...n_charge_Sep08

He really has got some history with the FA !!!

If you were the headmaster of a school and 'said' pupil was up before you as often as Joey Barton at what stage do you say enough is enough coz clearly a long ban and a big fine isn't the answer ????

Comment

Fine him for every game he will miss and give him a last warning,**** up again and your sacked.

Comment

No problem with him staying on the proviso that he simply offers to hand back the proportion of his salary equivalent to games missed. The very least he can do as a simple act of decency. Everyone makes mistakes, some more than others, but they shouldn't look to profit from them.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        No problem with him staying on the proviso that he simply offers to hand back the proportion of his salary equivalent to games missed. The very least he can do as a simple act of decency. Everyone makes mistakes, some more than others, but they shouldn't look to profit from them.
                        IMO,The Barton situation is not that easy. My reason for it- is the fact that we cant let our player´s get sent off like they did this season. It ruins the game plan,simply as. So accordingly, Barton is a huge liablity. Cisse as well,I know, but he is almost worldclass and far more valuable to us ATM.

PS. We have to buy a cover for Cisse. It might happen again with him as well...

Just my take at it.
                        Last edited by Shania; 22-05-2012, 01:43 PM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Agreed Shania. Discipline is very important and I expect Mark Hughes to make that abundantly clear.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Agreed Shania. Discipline is very important and I expect Mark Hughes to make that abundantly clear.

It can be dealt with. Look at Craig Bellamy.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Strip him of the captaincy, control his tweeting and send him for some intensive anger-management therapy over the summer. Playing-wise he still has the ability to be a useful squad member, at the least.

Comment

Working...
                              X