• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Official Site

ABOUT TIME !!

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail...764799,00.html

Another standard template? GREAT???

Comment

too right, the existing template is shockingly **** in this day and age. what troubles me slightly is that they are going down the template route again so there might be some restrictions to just how good the new site could be. however, whatever it is, it'll be much improved on the current one!

i'd be interested to know how much they are forking out for this. i recently did some tendering out there to get a small commercial website built as a bit of a sideline. quotes from uk developers ranged from £800-1800. i eventually outsourced to pakistan using elance (which is an excellent site by the way) and got the same product for £305 and with half the lead time. average salary in pakistan is something like 18p per day so production costs as a result are a lot lower, of course, but i do think uk-based web firms massively overcharge for what they offer. ultimately a bloke in a basement can build a half-decent site for around £500 tops in the uk if he wants the business!
      come on you r's!

Comment

I use scriptlance, and found a guy there from turkey who's ace at php. He's very fast and honest and I give him $20 per hour because he's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
          I use scriptlance, and found a guy there from turkey who's ace at php. He's very fast and honest and I give him $20 per hour because he's good.
          a very cost-effective hourly rate if i may say so! uk prices for this kind of stuff are greedily high methinks.
          come on you r's!

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            This is purely because the club was tied into a deal with PMTV who owns the contract for all the football league sides. Once a club has been out of the football league for more than one season they have the right to have their site created by a company of their choice. Because we stayed up we have the right to change the site now. WHOOP WHOOP!!!

Comment

Not quite mate

PTV still owns rights for Player across all club and does for a few more years.

Its the official content/layout on the official sites which change across all clubs in the football league
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

No one liked the site and wanted it change the minute it went live.

Absolutely wonderful news for the club and us fans who had to use this old format.

Comment

Would have been nice to have gone our own way and had a site on a par with City and Spurs' - probably very expensive though.

Good news all the same, even if this new one will be a template I can't imagine anything can possibly be worse than PTV's current embarrassing atrocity.

Comment

The change comes after Football League Interactive agreed a deal with world-leading technology firm SapientNitro to replace Perform Group and provide websites for its Clubs - including QPR.

Remember this is still a template deal replacing PTV that all other clubs will also have.

Comment

Things are happening far too fast! New contracts offered, new kit approved, new training ground decided, new website...What next!!?! People should calm down a little bit at the head quarters and announce nothing before August, like previous owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        Things are happening far too fast! New contracts offered, new kit approved, new training ground decided, new website...What next!!?! People should calm down a little bit at the head quarters and announce nothing before August, like previous owners.

Survival next season as well?
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          Not quite mate

PTV still owns rights for Player across all club and does for a few more years.

Its the official content/layout on the official sites which change across all clubs in the football league
                          You should know fella as you work there (might be worked now as I am not sure if you and MYU still work for them)... Just going by what I was led to believe when they interviewed me.

Comment

the site might look different but the news will will filter through slower than a 3rd class stamp

Comment

Scunny are getting a new website too:

A NEW LOOK FOR A NEW SEASON
                              Posted on: Mon 21 May 2012

It's very much a case of 'out with the old and in with the new' this summer, as we wave goodbye to Scunthorpe-United.co.uk in its current form next month.

Indeed, as well as the prospect of a new look United side, fans can also look forward to a brand-spanking new website come late June.

The change comes after Football League Interactive agreed a deal with world-leading technology firm SapientNitro to replace Perform Group and provide websites for its clubs - including the Iron.

No longer will the majority of teams in England's top four divisions share a generic website template, as is currently the case.

Instead, SapientNitro - working with its new clients - have provided clubs with a whole host of different designs to choose from.

In the case of Scunthorpe United, we have opted for the 'Action' lens; a contemporary and visually-stimulating platform that we feel is best to stamp the club's history and image upon.

Comprehensive pre, live and post-match centres will be just a few of the various new features, with the site set to be given a complete overhaul.

Make sure you stayed tuned over the close season to see your new-look Scunthorpe-United.co.uk go live.
                              Our statement:

A NEW LOOK FOR A NEW SEASON
                              Posted on: Thu 17 May 2012

It's very much a case of 'out with the old and in with the new' this summer, as we wave goodbye to www.qpr.co.uk in its current form.

Indeed, as well as the prospect of Barclays Premier League football for another season at least, R's fans can also look forward to a brand-spanking new website come July.

The change comes after Football League Interactive agreed a deal with world-leading technology firm SapientNitro to replace Perform Group and provide websites for its Clubs - including QPR.

Article continues
                              Advertisement
                              No longer will the majority of teams in England's top four divisions share a generic website template, as is currently the case.

Instead, SapientNitro - working with its new clients - have provided Clubs with a whole host of different designs to choose from.

In the case of QPR, we have opted for the 'Action' lens; a contemporary and visually-stimulating platform that we feel is best to stamp the Club's history and image upon.

Comprehensive pre, live and post-match centres will be just a few of the various new features, with the site set to be given a complete overhaul.

Make sure you stayed tuned over the close season to see your new-look www.qpr.co.uk go live.

Comment

Working...
                              X