Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rio believes Fergie stiched him up - come and join Anton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio believes Fergie stiched him up - come and join Anton!

Daily Mirror leading with interesting story (below) that Fergie told Woy Rio wasn't fit for the Euros. Heard earlier this year they didn't see eye to eye (massive dressing room bust up aftr the 6-1 City defeat). Would be great to have Rio and Anton at the back next season:

http://twitpic.com/9ltn19
    Last edited by Westbyfleetr; 17-05-2012, 12:01 AM.

If Fergie did tell Hodgson that Rio wasn't up to it, it's a really selfish thing for him to have done.

His disdain for the England team is legendary, why would Hodgson think he had England's best interests at heart.

Mind you, more fool Hodgson, when Terry decides he's in charge as usual.

Edit: I think we'd be high on Rio's list if he left Old Trafford as well.

Comment

There's obviously a few exceptions, but many players who've served Fergie and Utd in their best years through thick and thin aren't treated too well by Fergie at the end and leave with some acrimony: Keane, Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Beckham, Yorke all spring to mind
      Last edited by Westbyfleetr; 17-05-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Westbyfleetr View Post
        Daily Mirror leading with interesting story (below) that Fergie told Woy Rio was upto playing in the Euros. Heard earlier this year they didn't see eye to eye (massive dressing room bust up aftr the 6-1 City defeat). Would be great to have Rio and Anton at the back next season:

Sh*t that's him leaving Old Trafford then.

Comment

Don't worry Rio, we made sure that we wiped the smile from his face Sunday just gone.

Comment

I'd love to see Rio at QPR. I don't care that he gets injured all the time, he's a great character to have in the dressing room, he's a leader, his experience would be a huge plus. That said, I doubt he would want to play for us. He's said before that he wants to end his career on a high, always competing for trophies.

Comment

And he started at Rangers in our schools sides before West Ham nicked him when he was aged 13 or so.

Comment

You're right.....

There's obviously a few exceptions, but many players who've served Fergie and Utd in their best years through thick and thin aren't treated too well by Fergie at the end and leave with some acrimony: Keane, Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Beckham, Yorke all spring to mind

Comment

Imagine that... Would be class having him if he ever wanted to come back to London, altho I'm sure Harry would try to get him to Spurs to go with the other 18 CB's he has.

Comment

Daily Mirror leading with interesting story (below) that Fergie told Woy Rio wasn't fit for the Euros. Heard earlier this year they didn't see eye to eye (massive dressing room bust up aftr the 6-1 City defeat). Would be great to have Rio and Anton at the back next season:

Yes please, Rio a top pro and could and would lead in the dressing room and on the pitch. fit and wanting to teach his brother would be great for the club.

Still a top player if fit!! MH and his brother could make this happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X