Thank you Tony!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Tony!

I think a lot of credit should go to Tony Fernandes. Just think of how it was at our club when Flabio and Gianni were here, and then compare it to now. I feel like our club is finally in good hands under the leadership of Tony, Amit and Philip Beard.

I think Fernandes' worse time here was when he dismissed Warnock, but he's been proved right. I honestly don't think Warnock would of kept us up, as much as I love the bloke, I just don't think he would of done it.

Fernandes has also been true to his word, he's splashed the cash and now were getting a decent training ground, which will help attract a better standard of players.

It's onwards and upwards for us now. I can't wait for next season!!

Come on you R's!!

I'll second that. Top man.

Comment

Same as that.

I agree as much as I love NW & what he did for us could see us doing a Wolves & getting mullered more times than not. Let's remember Hughes has had to work with the majority of someone else's players as well so after a good pre season & his own men in can only see positive times ahead.

Comment

I think we have been propelled from having some of the worst owners in the game ever, to some of the best. May be relatively early days to say that...but I feel it. It's not just the owners, it is indeed the calibre of people they have also put in place. And it's an indication of something very positive that those people want to work for Fernandes. I'm sure Beard and Rigg would not be short of job offers, for example.

At last, after all the false dawns, a new and truly positive dawn.

As a rangers fan though, there's a part of me looking over my shoulder waiting for the next disaster to happen ! :P

U R's !

Cannot wait for next season either.

Comment

I think TF has injected a feel good factor at the club and brought us genuine hope for the future. Whenever I hear him he strikes a positive note. I love the way he celebrates goals but he has his feet firmly on the ground. He's got a plan and he's carrying it out. For the first time in a long time we have a leader in the boardroom.

Anyway, thanks Tony, top bloke,
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Thank you so much Tony.
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
              Same as that.

I agree as much as I love NW & what he did for us could see us doing a Wolves & getting mullered more times than not. Let's remember Hughes has had to work with the majority of someone else's players as well so after a good pre season & his own men in can only see positive times ahead.
              agree Ric

Comment

Totally agree, next year we will be mi-table I'm sure as we will have a better start.

Comment

Unbelievable owners we have now. Communicate with the fans regularly, listen to the fans opinions, back the manager, no interference, looking at long term future e.g. training facilities, compensated us all for season tickets last year - i could go on. Couldnt wish for better owners!

Comment

I agree with the above - we are very lucky to have such committed people in charge of our great club. Long may it continue.

Comment

Absolute legend.

Comment

As Snaxo said, kind of looking over my shoulder for the next disaster to happen, because thats what we've been used to.
                        But now confident we have the right people at the helm, that care about the club both now and for years to come.
                        Thanks TF & YOUR TEAM.
                        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

yes rangers always have a habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, whatever the circumstance.

however, plenty of reasons to be cheerful right now. thanks tony. we are loving having you at the helm. you r's!
                          come on you r's!

Comment

Fernandes is a miserable ****,hasn't spent a penny on players since the season ended,off with his head I say!

Comment

Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                              I think we have been propelled from having some of the worst owners in the game ever, to some of the best. May be relatively early days to say that...but I feel it. It's not just the owners, it is indeed the calibre of people they have also put in place. And it's an indication of something very positive that those people want to work for Fernandes. I'm sure Beard and Rigg would not be short of job offers, for example.

At last, after all the false dawns, a new and truly positive dawn.

As a rangers fan though, there's a part of me looking over my shoulder waiting for the next disaster to happen ! :P

U R's !

Cannot wait for next season either.
                              Absolutely. There will be owners who throw more money at clubs than ours but I prefer the Tony/ Amit approach of building the club from the ground up. In the past even when we were highly successful we were still essentially a small club. This time we will hopefully have state of the art training facilities, potentially a new stadium, a first class manager, a scouting network as good as any in the game, a proper youth set up and some pretty serious budgets for transfers. All of which suggests they are thinking long term rather than the Abromovich approach of "if you don't win x trophy this season you are sacked", which cost him in Mourinho arguably the best manager in the world. I've been an R too long to take anything for granted but within a decade we cd be seen as a quite different club - a much bigger one, and a model of how to grow a club.

Comment

Working...
                              X