Thanks Warnock & Hughes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Warnock & Hughes!

The other day i posted that we seem to b*lls it up almost everytime we reached a critical moment in our history, but having thought about it these last 2 seasons have been critical, for us imo but we have come through on the right side of things.
    At the start of last season the Premier League insisted to the Football League that parachute payments be upped to £48,000,000, and spread over 4 years, and really gave the N-Power clubs little option but to except this.After that we imo, had to get promoted, it was imperative to be on the cash boat, rather than swimming behind, in the wake.
    Step forward Neil Warnock who firstly saved us from utter humiliation and maybe, oblivion and dragged us clear from relegation with the same squad who for weeks earlier couldn't beat an egg let alone another football team.
    He then masterminded a near flawless season where we didn't drop out of the top 2 all season and deservedly went up as champions, so one major moment we needed did happen for us.
    Ok we started off a little shaky in the prem, where thanks to Mungo & midge, no significant funds were made available to strengthen the squad, until Tony's takeover and a mad scramble in the last 10 days.But after picking up a couple of results, things started to go wrong, results were awfull, and we all know we were heading downhill faster than Amy Williams on her tea tray.
    Step forward Mark Hughes, what a job he's done, and he's done it the QPR way and made it as hard as possible, forget picking up max points against the Norwich's, Wolves, Blackburn's of this world, let's wait till our run in against Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Man City, it's more fun.!
    Now the reason i think this is pivotal in our history is this summer with the ambitious owners on board we will hopefully have a proper crack at the prem, like all the others did last season, and it feels to me like last season and we have just been promoted all over again, i'm so excited again.
    So thanks Tony Fernandes, and the rest of the owners and thanks to Neil and Mark, i can now sit back enjoy me summer and sleep at night.

PS anyone know when the fixtures are out!!!

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    The other day i posted that we seem to b*lls it up almost everytime we reached a critical moment in our history, but having thought about it these last 2 seasons have been critical, for us imo but we have come through on the right side of things.
    At the start of last season the Premier League insisted to the Football League that parachute payments be upped to £48,000,000, and spread over 4 years, and really gave the N-Power clubs little option but to except this.After that we imo, had to get promoted, it was imperative to be on the cash boat, rather than swimming behind, in the wake.
    Step forward Neil Warnock who firstly saved us from utter humiliation and maybe, oblivion and dragged us clear from relegation with the same squad who for weeks earlier couldn't beat an egg let alone another football team.
    He then masterminded a near flawless season where we didn't drop out of the top 2 all season and deservedly went up as champions, so one major moment we needed did happen for us.
    Ok we started off a little shaky in the prem, where thanks to Mungo & midge, no significant funds were made available to strengthen the squad, until Tony's takeover and a mad scramble in the last 10 days.But after picking up a couple of results, things started to go wrong, results were awfull, and we all know we were heading downhill faster than Amy Williams on her tea tray.
    Step forward Mark Hughes, what a job he's done, and he's done it the QPR way and made it as hard as possible, forget picking up max points against the Norwich's, Wolves, Blackburn's of this world, let's wait till our run in against Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Man City, it's more fun.!
    Now the reason i think this is pivotal in our history is this summer with the ambitious owners on board we will hopefully have a proper crack at the prem, like all the others did last season, and it feels to me like last season and we have just been promoted all over again, i'm so excited again.
    So thanks Tony Fernandes, and the rest of the owners and thanks to Neil and Mark, i can now sit back enjoy me summer and sleep at night.

PS anyone know when the fixtures are out!!!
    18th June 9am.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/452129198137374/
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

respect to tony, he is a very smart man. He got sparky in just at the right time COYRSSSS

Comment

Working...
      X