No announcement yet.

So, Barton... What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always supported Barton and do feel we are a better team with him in it but with Diakete signing (hopefully) and Faurlin back, I don't think we will need him as much. He has let the club down and his reaction was a disgrace. He is paid enough for us to expect him not to lose his cool in such a huge game.

I really feel a ten match ban could see him drift a long way from the 1st XI.

Comment

But neverteless, he sooner rather than later have to sort his temper out!
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Sorry- I'll make sure I get right behind one of our players next time he looses his head and gets sent off in a the biggest game of our season and one of the biggest games we've had in recent years.

He's an idiot, he looses his head easily and other players know that which is why they wind him up, he's too stupid to realise and bites up.

He's too much hassle and for 80% of the games this season has been average at best.

Comment

More serious about him losing the captainancy, Ali and Samba will mean Mr Barton will have to warm the bench for many a game, thats of course surmissing that the club don't move him on before.

We as a club has got to learn how to handle these dreadful officals better, Rooney, I think, only got booked once during the season, if he can do it so can Joey.

Nominations for new captain?
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Can't believe people defending him, absolute ***** who could have ruined this club with his moment of stupidity. It's not passion, it's being an idiot - I bet Tevez was wetting himself with delight when Barton retaliated. The kick on Aguero was totally out of order. The lack of discipline among the players at the club this season has been appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
              Can't believe people defending him, absolute ***** who could have ruined this club with his moment of stupidity. It's not passion, it's being an idiot - I bet Tevez was wetting himself with delight when Barton retaliated. The kick on Aguero was totally out of order. The lack of discipline among the players at the club this season has been appalling.
              I'd be careful mate otherwise you'll be accused of turning on your own team

Barton's stupidity could have cost us so so much yesterday.

Comment

Looking back now were safe, pure quality haven't seen that many Argies go down that quick since the Belgrano.

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post

That´s the problem.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

thank god tevez and aguero are footballers and not boxers , i wish now joey had knocked the pair of them out , tevez conned the ref ok there was contact but he started it, barton is reckless and i dont know whether or not he will stay but remember he hasnt shot anyone , he will get a 10 to 15 game ban but it wont change him he is who he is. he would have got slated on here for months if we had gone down but in the end of the day these PL players are so out of touch do they really care. if barton was playing in the days of bremner,chopper harris tommy smith etc he would flow but the game today is in favour of the tevezs, ronaldos and ashley youngs blow on them and they go down like they have been hit by mike tyson

Comment

The thing is, he thinks he's clever - but he just isn't. Either that or he really is totally selfish and self-serving (distinct possibility).

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that his ongoing behaviour could have even wider implications for the club (which he must realise, but clearly doesn't care). For example, it's not unrealistic that potential sponsors could be put off the club because the amount of negative PR that he creates.

There's a part of me that understands the 'heat of the moment' reactions on the football pitch. I was a bit like that myself as a player...until I grew up.

What makes it so much worse though is that he just carries it, with almost a complete lack of repentance, on twitter afterwards - launching an attack on Shearer (who hardly said anything at all, and what he did say was completely fair) and Lineker.

He really is a lot less clever than thinks he is and completely lacks self-awareness!

Comment

Tevez was lucky it wasnt Mackie that he smacked...

Jamie dont **** about

Comment

Barton has been playing much better last few games and i admire his efforts to give a dig to Aguerro hoping he would retaliate...shame the spick mentality is too fall down as if snipered when touched
                          good try Joey hope to seeya next season
                          Last edited by vblockranger; 14-05-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

If he's suspended, do Rangers have to pay his wages during this time?

Comment

What Barton did was stupid and could have cost us big time but it amazes me how Tevez is not be called up for being the cheating piece of filth he is!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Wanna laugh swancelona are absolutely delighted we are staying up, one word in this sentence is deliberately wrong guess which?!!
                                http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewt...p?f=6&t=121963

http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewt...p?f=6&t=121932

such hatred let it go boys

Comment

Working...
                                X