Ifs 'n' ands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ifs 'n' ands

Having calmed down a little now, 2 points come to mind. Apologies if already posted by others, but I've looked through as many posts as I can and can't find these mentioned so far....

1. Although we ultimately lost, I would wager that going 2-1 up was a contributory factor in Bolton's demise. Make no mistake, they knew we were winning and that would have taken a physchological toll.

2. Would we have conceded the 3rd if the team hadn't known they were safe at that point? Seeing Jamie Mackie punching the air in delight whilst tracking back, when he saw the fans reaction to the final whistle at Stoke, was telling. Did we relax a little? Or did we just run out of steam?

Proud to be a Ranger today and losing in injury time (or was that "Joey time") was irrelevant; the job was done when the Bolton match ended.

We went 2-1 up in the 66th min, and i said to the missus we have got to hold this for 20 mins, for our own sake and because as you say bolton knew what was happening, and agree i think it did contribute to our survival.
    Little did i know we'd concede 2 in injury time

Comment

Originally posted by Alton Hoop View Post
      Having calmed down a little now, 2 points come to mind. Apologies if already posted by others, but I've looked through as many posts as I can and can't find these mentioned so far....

1. Although we ultimately lost, I would wager that going 2-1 up was a contributory factor in Bolton's demise. Make no mistake, they knew we were winning and that would have taken a physchological toll.

2. Would we have conceded the 3rd if the team hadn't known they were safe at that point? Seeing Jamie Mackie punching the air in delight whilst tracking back, when he saw the fans reaction to the final whistle at Stoke, was telling. Did we relax a little? Or did we just run out of steam?

Proud to be a Ranger today and losing in injury time (or was that "Joey time") was irrelevant; the job was done when the Bolton match ended.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Without doubt the players lost concentration when news filtered through from stoke. I honestly believe we wouldn't have lost that had the stoke news not filtered through.

Comment

Working...
        X